Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's child love the Worst Witch on iPlayer?

(12 Posts)
Scrumple Fri 07-Apr-17 10:40:05

My 9yo is watching it through for the second time!

Really lovely programme with just the right amount of mystery, humour and scary moments to keep my daughter entertained (and me!)

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a similar mini-series (not film)? She's seen House of Anubis and Just add Magic but wasn't half as keen on those as she is on Worst Witch. Though she does enjoy watching Once Upon a Time with me a few evenings a week.

Thanks.

MerlinsScarf Fri 07-Apr-17 10:58:56

We really enjoyed it too, I remember similar shows in the 90s with just enough magic and humour. Merlin has been popular with our family, also Jameela and Aladdin on Cbeebies but it might be a bit young for your dd's age.

halcyondays Fri 07-Apr-17 11:08:55

The old Worst Witch Tv series is on You Tube I think. Not sure what else, my 10 yo doesn't really watch anything else except The Dumping Ground.

Scrumple Fri 07-Apr-17 12:38:56

Ohhh good idead about other shows from the 90s! I remember watching something about a phoenix and a carpet when i was younger and absolutely loving it. I'm going to try searching for that now. Hope they've made it to DVD.

I adored the older version of Worst Witch too. I'm going to see if i can track that down on Youtube.

Thanks so much for the recommendations.

mediocremumatherbest Fri 07-Apr-17 14:55:44

The queens nose was good, but if an oldie but definitely a goodie. Get her into Byker Grove! grin

mediocremumatherbest Fri 07-Apr-17 14:56:08

Bit of an* blush

Lilmisskittykat Fri 07-Apr-17 15:01:14

I was a kid when first worst witch was out... was Mildred Hubble mad... I also loved at the time a tv series with a character called t-bag. Can't remember what it was called.

There was also a worst witch film with Tim curry in that I loved too

kel1493 Fri 07-Apr-17 15:06:46

I remember reading the books.
I'm 24 and I want to watch it

HappyAxolotl Fri 07-Apr-17 15:11:13

My nephew is really into The Worst Witch. I loved it as a child so he's been given all my old WW books. grin

I loved T-Bag as well!

leccybill Fri 07-Apr-17 21:46:56

I have a 7yo who has been crazy about the Worst Witch. We've also ran through the series twice already. She cried when the last episode finished.
She loved Just Add Magic.

I loved '5 children and It' as a child. Wonder if I can get it on youtube?

She recently loved the BBC remake of Swallows and Amazons.

Mylittlestsunshine Fri 07-Apr-17 21:48:54

DD is watching Witches of East end on Netflix.

DramaInPyjamas Fri 07-Apr-17 21:54:08

There was another similar series to The Worst Witch in the 90s/00s called The Belfry Witches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now