Talk

Advanced search

Thirteen Reasons Why ** spoiler alert**

(25 Posts)
FeelingClueless Fri 31-Mar-17 20:07:40

Looking for something to watch. Anyone watched it? Is it really depressing.

StylishDuck Fri 31-Mar-17 22:57:22

I've added this to my to watch list but not started it yet. So just following to see if anyone recommends it.

CrazyDuchess Sat 01-Apr-17 08:19:03

I've started it.... not in love with it and rather drawn out... not sure I'll finish it!

FeelingClueless Sat 01-Apr-17 09:59:55

Watched lots of it last night. I think i would have really loved it as a teenager. I'm quite liking it though.
Yes to it being drawn out.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 01-Apr-17 10:12:28

I quite fancy this

Summerisdone Sat 01-Apr-17 11:01:54

I started it late last night, and before I knew it I only had 3 episodes left and the sun was coming up confused.
It's really quite addictive after the first episode or two.

TeaBelle Sat 01-Apr-17 11:02:34

I'm hooked!

FeelingClueless Sat 01-Apr-17 11:14:45

I'm in bed watching. My children are due home so i have to turn it off, go get dressed. It's not easy to turn off. I should be doing useful things!

juneybean Sat 01-Apr-17 11:16:01

Ooh is this the one based on the book? I thought the book was great.

StylishDuck Sat 01-Apr-17 11:28:52

Sounds good. I think I'll need to give it a go!

cheesydoesit Mon 03-Apr-17 13:00:34

It's good so far and successfully distracting me from an essay I should be working on. I'm onto episode 2 and I have just realised that the communications teacher is Lane from GG! Does anyone else recognise the headteacher? I'll have to Google him.

SplitEndsBushyEyebrows Tue 04-Apr-17 15:55:42

I liked it, found it ended quite abruptly though - hate being left with questions! Definitely worth watching.

FeelingClueless Tue 04-Apr-17 16:12:46

I thought she was familiar! Didn't spot that she was Lane.

I really liked it but found the last few really depressing.

Summerisdone Tue 04-Apr-17 21:36:37

The last few episodes had me in tears, but then again I was watching a show centred around a teenage girl commuting suicide so I should have anticipated it would make me cry

FeelingClueless Tue 04-Apr-17 21:55:06

I don't think i was quite prepared for the final episodes. I think there was such a quirky stylish Verona Mars "whodunnit" feel i wasn't prepared for the horror and brutality of some of the later stuff. Fairly graphic stuff.
I thought it was very good though.

Tbh I felt closer to being sick than crying.

Carelesswonder Wed 05-Apr-17 21:22:33

I have just finished binge watching it tonight. I thought it was really good. Teen dramas are not my usual choice but this was done very well. Had me in tears a few times and found some scenes too hard to watch but I'm a wimp with stuff like that anyway.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 07-Apr-17 22:42:23

I've watched the first four episodes, haven't read the rest of the thread in case there are spoilers.

Initial impressions:
I like the songs / soundtrack.
I find the characters and the way they behave a bit frustrating, but I'm in my 40s so admittedly not the target audience.

FeelingClueless Sat 08-Apr-17 04:28:27

I think it gets better. I definitely enjoyed the second half of the series more. (Except for the bits i didn't like at all!)

I used to love teen dramas but they don't quite work for me anymore. (41)

UserNotAvailable Sun 09-Apr-17 00:59:15

Have almost finished this. Finding it very draining at times. It is really good though.

thecraftyfox Sun 09-Apr-17 01:06:49

Just cried through episodes 11 and 12. Need a rest before the final one.

FeelingClueless Sun 09-Apr-17 04:14:52

It's tough viewing isnt it?

thecraftyfox Sun 09-Apr-17 22:19:06

Finished half an hour ago. My husband came in because he could hear me crying and crying.
Utterly devastating and felt so very real having been close to that point for a similar reason.
The actors playing Clay, Hannah and her mother, Olivia, were outstanding as was Jess.
A friend in the US said the book is taught in some schools and on lots of required and recommended reading lists.

imNew1985 Sun 09-Apr-17 22:20:08

Watched the first 4 then skipped to the last one. Sad story

TheSecondOfHerName Tue 11-Apr-17 16:03:25

Just watched episode 9. Difficult viewing.

Dickorydockwhatthe Fri 12-May-17 22:58:47

I found it very addictive and very well done. I have a pre teen who is going through a tough time so it does make you think how hard it can be and I hope it reaches out to other teens about their actions and the impact it has on others. I did feel sick in the final scene though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now