Talk

Advanced search

Silent witness

(5 Posts)
hellokittymania Thu 30-Mar-17 03:58:21

It is expiring on Netflix tomorrow and I'm just wondering if it is worth buying on iTunes? It looks interesting, but is it very violent and bloody? I really don't Like that sort of thing. I watched a few minutes of it today and the man was being murdered. Is this a one off scene or is the entire series similar.

Notinmybackyard Fri 31-Mar-17 00:19:35

Silent Witness is based on forensic science, solving crimes. It's been running for many years. I'm guessing that you saw a clip of a recent episode? It isn't particularly violent and bloody. There is usually a really good storyline and the acting is pretty good. Look on Amazon or somewhere that sells DVD's and you can see what the storylines are like. Old/secondhand DVD's might even be cheaper, depends if you prefer to watch on an iPad or computer?

DubiousCredentials Fri 31-Mar-17 09:01:43

It's a good series with great storylines if you are willing to believe how big a role the forensic dept play in investigating crimes alongside the police detectives. Not hugely bloody or violent but there is almost always a bare breasted woman lying on the slab at some point in each episode hmm but sadly that's true of most police type series these days.

Graphista Wed 05-Apr-17 02:23:59

Download tvplay app there's episodes on there for you to try before you buy. I like it but as the main characters are pathologists (the premise is the body is the 'silent witness') it is uncompromising in terms of bodies.

cherrytree63 Thu 06-Apr-17 10:32:16

There are reruns on Sunday nights at 9pm, sorry can't remember the channel (maybe Drama).
There's also a few on YouTube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now