Talk

Advanced search

Bates Motel - S5

(30 Posts)
ClaudiaApfelstrudel Tue 28-Mar-17 15:16:27

I wonder if anyone else is watching this? I think it's the best thing on tele at the moment, the scenes between Norman and the late Norma are gripping to say the least

youngestisapsycho Thu 30-Mar-17 10:39:24

Is it back on Universal channel??

youngestisapsycho Thu 30-Mar-17 10:40:56

I just looked it up, not back till April 11th....

CaptainHammer Thu 30-Mar-17 19:09:06

I love this! Waiting for series 5 to air here first. Thanks young for the air date smile

Aridane Sat 08-Apr-17 19:54:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youngestisapsycho Sun 09-Apr-17 21:33:22

It's not on UK Tv yet Aridane.... please don't spoil it if you are watching elsewhere!

Aridane Sun 09-Apr-17 22:01:10

Sorry, youngest - didn't realise I was ahead. Will report my post

youngestisapsycho Sun 09-Apr-17 22:12:39

No worries.... just waiting for it to start! Can't wait to see it 😁

Pemba Wed 12-Apr-17 04:09:41

Well first episode has been on now in the UK - what did anyone think? Seems a few years have gone by since the end of series 4?

Would Emma be actually able to have a baby with her medical condition? Wouldn't all the anti-rejection medication she must be taking affect the baby? Still, it's nice to see them happy.

I miss real Norma!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 12-Apr-17 21:08:48

On planner

Hope better then 4th

That was a bit boring

Pemba Thu 13-Apr-17 02:31:46

That was my favourite season Blondes! I just think it's getting more and more exciting as this nice boy sadly and inevitably turns into the Norman Bates we remember from the film.

The last episode at Norma's funeral, and when he digs her up were just so gripping to me. And the one where he is talking and laughing with her - then tries to kill them both while they sleep - really touching.

youngestisapsycho Thu 13-Apr-17 10:08:09

Does Dylan not know Norma is dead? I obviously don't remember what happened at the end of Season 4!

AnyFucker Thu 13-Apr-17 10:09:31

Eek, has this started already ? Where is it please ?

Pemba Thu 13-Apr-17 19:27:54

Universal channel at 9 pm Tuesdays AnyFucker. There has only been one episode so far (think it started a while ago in the US though, so beware of spoilers from there). Think it's on catchup too.

Pemba Thu 13-Apr-17 19:30:37

I don't think Dylan knows, no, youngest. Well he certainly wasn't at the funeral. I can't remember why he moved away though!

If you have NetFlix, they now have season 4 on there, so if you do, you could check out the last episode or 2 of that first.

Aridane Thu 13-Apr-17 19:47:14

Dylan doesn't know

youngestisapsycho Thu 13-Apr-17 20:58:10

Ah I'll look on Netflix... thanks.

AnyFucker Fri 14-Apr-17 12:10:36

I dunno if we have Unive

AnyFucker Fri 14-Apr-17 12:11:01

Universal

Pemba Fri 14-Apr-17 16:22:16

Well how did you watch it last time? It's always been on Universal in the UK. The older series are on Netflix but not this new one.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 14-Apr-17 22:17:08

I vaguely rem the ending

So Norman killed Norma by sleeping tablets ?/in bed

Then dug her hi in the rain

Is that right?

And why was he perving on a man?

If it's all in his mind does that mean there was no meals or carrying body down the steps together

youngestisapsycho Tue 13-Jun-17 22:26:15

Last ever episode on now.... anyone watching?

youngestisapsycho Wed 14-Jun-17 13:51:54

Anyone? It was so good.... really liked how they ended it. Sad too.

Pemba Fri 16-Jun-17 04:33:28

Just watched it - yes, very poignant ending. Sadly it was probably the best outcome for Norman in the end. I am glad Dylan and Emma got a happy ending anyway.

Very different ending from the film. It was funny how the crucial plot point of killing Marion Crane in the shower turned out so differently in a twist from the original story. The extended scene of her showering with ominous background music - they were just playing with the viewers!

I loved the series - don't know why it's not been more popular. I suppose it was on quite an obscure channel.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 16-Jun-17 16:58:40

Yes seen the end. Prob a good way to finish the series

Poor Norman. He was very screwed up

Shame Ramiro. Shame he died

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now