Talk

Advanced search

THE VOICE - It is the SEMI FINAL! But somehow it is still on for TWO HOURS!!

(420 Posts)
Raahh Sat 25-Mar-17 14:39:19

As I will be out tonight (sob!)I will put this thread here now before I forget. In my excitement at my night out ahead. grin

Team Jennifer
Jamie Miller - STITCHES - SHAWN MENDES
Mo Adeniran - HUMAN - RAG 'N' BONE MAN

Team Tom
Into the Ark - LET IT BE ME - RAY LAMONTAGNE
Craig Ward - CASTLE ON THE HILL - ED SHEERAN

Team Will
Jason Jones - USE SOMEBODY - KINGS OF LEON
Michelle John - GET HERE - OLETA ADAMS

Team Gavin
Max Vickers - BOYS DON'T CRY - THE CURE
Truly Ford - ELASTIC HEART - SIA

I am quite sad i will not get to watch live as Truly gets to do Sia [grin

Not sure about Mo doing Rag n Bone man. I love the song. I'm not sure it is Mo. It would have been Carter, but they missed the boat on that one, and it would have been too obvious anyway.

Max has to be on borrowed time hasn't he? Gav will probably be bopping along to 'Boys don't cry' in his Suit of Skin.

I need fake Aldi red bull.. I am going to be asleep long before my date with the goth noise pop rockers that are the JAMC.

I might spend the evening ...'looking for the loos ' ....or something grin

The80sweregreat Sat 25-Mar-17 14:56:20

hi raahh, so bored today - going to be a long night then with this semi final - god , even the x factor didnt go on for this long did it? ( probably, thinking about it)
i had to look up who you were seeing - i remember them, but was never a fan. They look like they will be loud!
Max will twitch around to that ditty!!
have fun then - thanks for kicking off the thread and try to catch up another time - it will be great..

hugoagogo Sat 25-Mar-17 19:18:10

Oh my trucking God, did I read that right? You are off to see the Mary chain? shockshockenvy

hugoagogo Sat 25-Mar-17 19:22:15

I just worked out that I saw them 25 years ago this week! I am ridiculously old. sadgin

Cocolepew Sat 25-Mar-17 19:46:36

Helloooo, I noticed The JAMC are playing Belfast soon, DH won't go with me though sad. Have you got your hydraulic lift and eyeliner ready?

Cocolepew Sat 25-Mar-17 19:47:13

Oh and I hate nearly every song tonight, so that's a good start.

Raahh Sat 25-Mar-17 20:11:51

grinHugo I am at Manchester academy. We have just been in in a student pub that was trying so hard to be students it was tragic. They are currently playing Rhinestone cowboy on stage. grin

Destinysdaughter Sat 25-Mar-17 20:18:13

Raahh thanks for starting this thread, have fun tonight, we'll miss you!

nancy75 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:20:53

Raahh I hope you've gone full gothgrin I would say have a great time but I don't think goths are allowed to smilegrin

hugoagogo Sat 25-Mar-17 20:22:06

I am well jelly-it's a year since I went to a gig and I need cheering up, I see the icicle works are doing the rounds still too!

NoisyBrain Sat 25-Mar-17 20:27:35

Enjoy Raahh, if that's the right word grin

I've just worked out I haven't been to a gig for over 3 years. How depressing.

Could they have been less original with Jason's choice of song?

nancy75 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:30:05

Anyone watching this ant & Dec crap? They are singing with Take that & Ant ( the big spam one) is grinning like he has won the lottery!

Roussette Sat 25-Mar-17 20:32:19

Raahh so sorry you're not here!

I'm a complete fraud and don't deserve to be here, I've been away for WEEKS but I'm coming back to the horror known as the Voice

--having said that I've been watching Ant n Dec n Take That and feel like drinking myself to oblivion after TT overload==

The80sweregreat Sat 25-Mar-17 20:32:26

Hope raahh is safe from the students!
Hi everyone, not long now..
Clocks are moving on later.
Not been to a gig in a long long time. So sad.

ILikeBeansWithKetchup Sat 25-Mar-17 20:32:47

God, bloody Ed Sheeran gets everywhere. There is no escape.

Are they going to give Max a Robert Smith makeover? That might be worth seeing...

Roussette Sat 25-Mar-17 20:33:17

I can't even strike out properly

The80sweregreat Sat 25-Mar-17 20:33:56

Max will be channelling him beans..

Cocolepew Sat 25-Mar-17 20:34:24

That ant and dec thing is woeful.
Here we go.

ILikeBeansWithKetchup Sat 25-Mar-17 20:34:47

No,Emma, just no.

Put the shoulders away.

Cocolepew Sat 25-Mar-17 20:34:48

Emma has proper hair this week

nancy75 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:35:06

Dd is outraged at the song list, she wants to know why they are allowed to ruin songs she likes!

Cocolepew Sat 25-Mar-17 20:35:18

Why is gav dressed like a geography teacher?

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 25-Mar-17 20:35:23

evening lovelies, right I am on the sofa with the wine 2 hrs of the voice!! nancy that ant n dec show gets on my nerves.
Raahh have a smashing time tonight, you will be missed
Coco I like 2 songs on there, well when I say like I can just about put up with grin

NoisyBrain Sat 25-Mar-17 20:35:34

I'm clenching already in anticipation of Max jittering and mockney-ing his way through Boys Don't Cry.

The80sweregreat Sat 25-Mar-17 20:35:58

Ed was funny with his sketch for comic relief. Only watched as ive a crush on Grindr and the people crew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now