Talk

Advanced search

Do you like your murders gruesome? - Midnight Sun

(16 Posts)
PacificDogwod Wed 22-Mar-17 21:14:43

grin

DH and I have just finished watching it and we both loved it.
French/Skandi noir with some Sami/Lapp culture thrown in, and spectacularly gruesome murders - what's not to like?! wink

Anybody else watched it?
What did you think?

And where can I get Kahina's silky blouson from??
<shallow>

PacificDogwod Wed 22-Mar-17 21:18:46

Ha! Found the jacket grin

Too dear sad

Wombletor Mon 27-Mar-17 19:30:58

I'm watching it. Very good so far, interesting characters, good atmosphere.

PacificDogwod Tue 28-Mar-17 20:59:13

Oh good, I am not totally alone here grin

We've now finished it - good to the very end.

I now want to re-watch it. Which is just a phenomenal waste of life time, but I really do...

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 29-Mar-17 16:19:40

I alwsys download some scandi to watch when I have spare time eg. DH and kids out. Made the mistake of watching episode 1 with DH and was put under orders not to watch episodes without him grin. Spoilt my viewing plan. That first murder in particular (no spoilers) - have never seen or imagined that before.

Needless to say we binge watched it over 2 days!!

Have you seen Occupied, The Killing, Modus, The Legacy (series 3 back on SkyArts this week), Spin.

Do you have any recommendations?

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 29-Mar-17 16:20:50

Oh and we went to the Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi this January so 15 minutes from Kiruna where it was all set.

CoffeeAndOranges Wed 29-Mar-17 18:29:34

Is this available on the Now box? Sounds like my kind of thing although I may have to look away from some of the real gruesome stuff!

PacificDogwod Wed 29-Mar-17 18:44:45

Oh, I look away too at time! grin<light weight>

Yes, loved The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen etc.
Not heard of the other ones, Allthebest - thanks for the recommendations.

I am rubbish with remembering stuff I've liked, sorry blush

Coffee, no idea about the NOW box, sorry again.

WowOoo Wed 29-Mar-17 18:50:12

I've got this recorded to watch later tonight. I can vaguely remember watching something you recommended before PacificDogwood....I'll report back!

WowOoo Wed 29-Mar-17 18:54:53

What I mean is I remember you recommended something and I watched it and liked it. But I can't remember what it was!

PacificDogwod Wed 29-Mar-17 18:54:59

Oh, enjoy!
I am a bit envious that you will be seeing it for the first time.
Nicely developed complexed characters, baffling plot revealed with well-judged pacing, really interesting tidbits about Sami culture AND gruesome deaths - what's not to love?! grin

As usual, I benefitted from the fact that huge chunks were subtitles which forces me to actually watch rather than kinda-watch while on MN my laptop.... blush

Iamastonished Wed 29-Mar-17 18:59:38

What channel was this on? Is it still available on catch up?

I love this kind of crime drama.

childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Wed 29-Mar-17 19:10:07

do try the 100 Code. The second series seems to be in massive doubt which is a mega shame.

PacificDogwod Wed 29-Mar-17 19:20:33

I don't know about what channel it was on, we watched in on SKY Boxset in great binges

100 Code, you say? <takes notes>

childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Wed 29-Mar-17 21:01:47

100 code, it was broadcast in early 2016. It should have won many awards, Dominic Monaghan it is his availability stopping series 2. Although he was good I think they should have carried on without him. But also Michael nyquist really excellent. Mixture of Swedish and English but very dark!!

Iamastonished Wed 29-Mar-17 22:28:53

We have been watching The Team. It is set in several countries and they use English as the common language, although it is subtitled in parts. It is excellent and rather gruesome and nasty in parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now