Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching Greenleaf on Netflix?

(10 Posts)
Deux Sun 19-Mar-17 22:50:16

I've been watching and enjoying it in a guilty pleasure kind of way.

It reminds me a bit of the first series of Dallas.

I don't feel compelled to binge watch it but it's good ironing-TV.

Anyone else?

Persephone31 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:42:05

Yes, me! Very enjoyable but a bit ridiculous at the same time. Where are you up to?

BigApple11 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:49:22

I just binged watched the whole season! But tacky but I enjoyed it

BigApple11 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:49:34

*bit

jay55 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:55:04

Loved it, bit soapy but in a good way.
I do love the gay storyline with the man struggling, such a change watching someone on TV trying to reject who they are rather than embracing it. But also mad at him on behalf of his wife.

I don't understand how Grace got sucked back in to the church so easily.

quencher Mon 20-Mar-17 22:50:15

I am watching.
Am happy that they are tackling some of the biggest issues those churches have without being patronising. It's cleverly done and I can see why Oprah is involved in it. I applauded them for it. It's targeting the very people it needs to and reach. Bravo to the producers.

quencher Mon 20-Mar-17 22:51:40

Grace's part is just so far fetched. I can't believe she left for twenty years and came back like she left last week to go on holiday.

TheRealKimmySchmidt63 Wed 22-Mar-17 22:00:47

Loved it Oprah is great at tackling sensitive real issues can't wait to watch s2

Deux Thu 23-Mar-17 16:23:13

Glad to read that others are enjoying this. Agree it's very soapy but I love that in a kind of retro way.

I do find myself mentally shouting at the TV 'you're supposed to be a Christian!' Especially at Lady Mae.

Those US mega churches are just so difficult to wrap my head around. I'm loving the gospel singing.

Deux Thu 23-Mar-17 16:23:41

I'm on episode 8 I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now