Big Little Lies

(9 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Tue 14-Mar-17 16:51:08

Anyone watching?
I've picked some absolute stinkers of series' lately but I'm holding out hope for this one, seems a bit Desperate Housewives-esque.

WhyOhWine Tue 14-Mar-17 16:56:10

I have just finished reading the book and really enjoyed it. Think it will work well as a tv mini series. Not sure about the casting of Nicole Kidman for her role, but think the other two are well cast.

We dont have Sky so dont think i can watch but hoping they will release as a box set at some stage.

Tobuyornot99 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:00:20

Ooh I didn't know it had been a book! Probably for the best as I rarely enjoy anything on TV if I've read it, I feel they cast the wrong people in the roles, just to annoy me!
We haven't got Sky but we've a firestick, I shall harass DP to find it for me immediately smile

Brightredpencil Tue 14-Mar-17 19:45:49

I've been looking forward to this but found it a bit of an anticlimax! It's following following VERY similar formula to The Affair (seaside resort, wealthy/less wealthy obvious dichotomy, flashback type sequences, courtcase/murder).

CurbsideProphet Tue 14-Mar-17 19:49:41

We've got Now TV so I'm planning on watching smile

TheEagle Tue 14-Mar-17 19:49:56

I really enjoyed the book and I was very excited about this series.

I'm finding it doesn't translate as well to the snall screen as I'd thought. There was too much jumping from person to person and juxtaposition of dialogue.

TheEagle Tue 14-Mar-17 19:50:58

The book is set in Australia and the series is US-based so maybe something will be lost in translation ...

Clayhead Tue 14-Mar-17 19:59:06

It very much reminded me of The Affair too for all the reasons mentioned and the filming of water!

GavelRavel Tue 14-Mar-17 21:55:47

im watching. its watchable. Though a bit obvious who the father will turn out to be ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now