Talk

Advanced search

Sopranos - does it get better?

(4 Posts)
ChesterDrawers Wed 08-Mar-17 21:07:38

Finally catching up with modern society and watching The Sopranos. Half way through season 1 but I'm not really feeling it. I mean, it's enjoyable but not gripping me. I've had people raving at me about it over the years and was expecting something mind blowing.

I'll no doubt stick with it stubborn but will it get better? I love a Just One More box set that keeps you up til 3am but right now this isn't it for me.

dayswithaY Wed 08-Mar-17 21:25:59

I love it but I watched it on TV over a period of years so maybe had less expectation and just let it grow on me. But then I'm the only person I know who hated Breaking Bad and only managed three episodes - so slow and boring!

ChesterDrawers Wed 08-Mar-17 21:34:01

Ha ha, I loved Breaking Bad! Different strokes and all that... grin

elQuintoConyo Wed 08-Mar-17 21:39:54

Yes stick with it. I loved Livia, his mum, she was simply atrocious!

There were a couple of episodes later on - season 4 or something - that we watched on fast forward grin but mostly we liked it.

DH and I binge watched it summer 2015, got the boxed set out of the library. Last summer was Breaking Bad, same idea from library. Loved Jesse Pinkman that series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now