Talk

Advanced search

Catastrophe tonight!

(76 Posts)
ride Tue 28-Feb-17 21:50:36

I watch about zero tv but so excited that this is back for another series! 10 minutes !

ShimmyOhoh Tue 28-Feb-17 22:24:18

I'm watching it, I love it!

Rob Delaney is hot!!

meatloaf Tue 28-Feb-17 22:27:22

Love it.

Iamtheresurrection Tue 28-Feb-17 22:35:47

Wow! They've not held back in the first episode.

321zerobaby Tue 28-Feb-17 22:40:52

Best thing on tele, I love it.

NecklessMumster Tue 28-Feb-17 23:03:32

Well, I loved that, love her writing

ggirl Tue 28-Feb-17 23:05:12

Bloody brilliant , I want to watch again as I feel I may have missed some lines cos I was laughing so much.

lisbapalea Tue 28-Feb-17 23:11:20

I never laugh out loud at anything on telly, apart from Catastrophe.

Loved it when Rob got busted eating a frankfurter wrapped in ham, dipped in houmous. I actually snorted like a pig, such was my LOL.

ginandbearit Tue 28-Feb-17 23:55:30

The threesome ... dream or ... ? Would love that have been real ! Moving on from holding his winkie haha

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Mar-17 10:04:51

Just popping on to say we've made a page from our last brilliant webchat with Rob and Sharon if you'd like to check it out.

Iamtheresurrection Wed 01-Mar-17 10:28:45

I love how wild her friend is!

FlipFlopFlappy Wed 01-Mar-17 17:06:06

I loved the bob crachet comment about the receipts and the weighing up letting the kid watch million dollar baby. Very funny indeed grin

paulapantsdown Wed 01-Mar-17 22:15:54

Didn't watch until tonight - hilarious! I loved it at the end when she was totting up if she would be forgiven in time for her birthday!

Lottapianos Thu 02-Mar-17 12:14:09

'Rob Delaney is hot!!'

He really seriously is. Although I prefer him in real life where he has one of the fullest most luxurious beards I've ever seen. Wowza.

Sharon is seriously hot too, really stunning

EachandEveryone Thu 02-Mar-17 15:10:20

No, its not for me. Loved the first one. Im not a prude but sll the shagging reverences and schoolboy humour doesnt do it dor me at all. They are late 40's, i dont find it realistic at all no matter how good she looks.

musicmomma Sat 04-Mar-17 17:26:35

I love it but I judge her all the time, forgive me. But I just think she's got such a great life and all she does is whinge about it or...act like a dick

EachandEveryone Sun 05-Mar-17 00:23:47

She's 47!! Really how many women that age with babies go out getting wasted and coo off with young lads? A teacher as well. How is that remotely realistic?

ArriettyClock1 Sun 05-Mar-17 00:26:53

My dh thinks I am exactly the same as Sharon. He watches it with a smirk and one eyebrow raised in my direction.

I am offended as she is horrible!

cuirderussie Sun 05-Mar-17 00:45:57

It's wearing a bit thin for me though I really love her writing. I far preferred Pulling - Catastrophe is so rich and smug in comparison!

EachandEveryone Sun 05-Mar-17 01:00:54

Who talks about smelling cum in their knickers? It's just not real. I hope she doesn't go that way with Divorce I'd hate to hear those words come out of Sarah Jessica's mouth.

pelicanpaul Sun 05-Mar-17 09:19:07

I still enjoy watching it but it's definitely lost the warmness and realism of the first series.

But yeah I did crack up at the hotdog ham & hummus snack.

EachandEveryone Wed 08-Mar-17 03:55:00

I'm sorry it must just be me. I turned off when he talked about wanking himself off just before she came to bed with the kid sleeping next to them. I don't get how people think it's realistic. Do husbands in general talk about just having had a wank? I dindnt laugh once

LexiPea Wed 08-Mar-17 18:30:11

I am not loving it quite as much as the first 2 series sad

My DH would go apeshit if I cheated with some youngster!! and vice versa, I would leave! the rob character just seems mildly irritated by it

Rob is proper fit though. Looks as if he would have a massive cock

Moanranger Wed 08-Mar-17 21:58:25

People, it's not meant to be realistic - it's meant to be outrageous, which it very much is!
I think the premise of the script is having people actually say what most people might think, but never actually say. If you look at it from that perspective, then it might make sense.
Sharon Horgan definitely "epater les bourgeoisies".
it is clearly not for everyone.

EachandEveryone Thu 09-Mar-17 09:53:56

Peopke keep saying how realistic it is though. And its really not.

I agree its not for everyone ive deleted it off my planner. My old mum loved the first season cant believe how smutty its got so shes stopped as well. I hope Divorce doesnt go this way i really dont want to see SJP sniffing her knickers even if they are silk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now