Talk

Advanced search

Glee...appropriate for 9 year old?

(14 Posts)
CS2006 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:06:30

My DD keeps asking to watch Glee. She is 9 and generally very sensible and we'll behaved. Ant thoughts about content and whether this is appropriate?

hellomarshmallow Mon 27-Feb-17 20:07:13

Definitely inappropriate , I'm afraid.

StealingYourWiFi Mon 27-Feb-17 20:07:58

Inappropriate I'd say. I started rewatching it recently.

INeedToDoThis Mon 27-Feb-17 20:08:15

I wish it was but definitely not. Sorry.

KarmaKit Mon 27-Feb-17 20:10:28

No I'd say 12/13 at the youngest. The earlier series are actually quite good at the old "life lessons" though once they get to that age- they focus a lot on underage sex, sex before you're ready, alcohol etc.

Monkeyface26 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:14:15

If you are not ready to explain premature ejaculation jokes, then no.

RitaConnors Mon 27-Feb-17 20:18:12

I started watching it with my dd when she was eleven. There are loads of good messages and talking points but also loads of inappropriate bits! The first main storyline is Quinn getting pregnant by her boyfriends best friend in a hot tub after making hash cakes with him as a fundraiser.

Foldedtshirt Mon 27-Feb-17 20:21:48

blush I'd let her, but with her.
Do y'all not remember watching Grease, then rewatching it, a few years later and being 😮 and then years later again and only then catching the Rizzo pregnancy scare

KarmaKit Mon 27-Feb-17 20:29:18

Folded yes, and I also remember almost disappearing up my own bumhole cringing at what I was watching with my mum! I still feel icky if anything sexy comes on when I'm with my parents, like I have to pretend I have no idea what sex even is!

SoTheySentMeA Mon 27-Feb-17 20:56:57

DSD's mum let her watch the entire thing unsupervised when she was 8 confused It wouldnt be my choice tbh. Deffo teen material to my mind.

CS2006 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:01:55

Thanks that's really helpful. I watched one episode and they were my thoughts but wasn't sure if it was just a one off. Thanks, that's helped. I will break the bad news to her tomorrow...perhaps with a plan b of a more appropriate TV show instead!

hellomarshmallow Fri 03-Mar-17 20:02:09

How about The Next Step?

bruffin Fri 03-Mar-17 20:09:46

Have to agree not suitable.
Slighty off topic. Glee fans if you get a chance to see Amber Riley(mercedes) in Dream Girls , go She is amazing, never seen a standing ovation half way through a song in the first act before

CS2006 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:51:06

Sorry marshmallow...only just seen your post! She's watched all of the next steps... she loves them. I hope they make some more, I think there's only one series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now