Talk

Advanced search

"This Country" if you liked The Office...

(31 Posts)
CantstandmLMs Sat 25-Feb-17 21:58:43

And live for something as good again. And Kurtain actually looks and sounds like Gareth from The Office lol....This is for you. Anyone seen it? I've just watched the three episodes on iPlayer and it's hilarious!

Anyone know what time/day and channel it's actually on TV?

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sun 26-Feb-17 12:54:26

I watched this for the first time last night as it was on after Match of the Day. I hadn't even heard of it before.

It was so funny I watched the other episodes straight away on iplayer.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 26-Feb-17 16:59:14

So funny I was convinced that Kurtain was Gareth , same accent, haircut, pointy features..

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Sun 26-Feb-17 17:00:58

Not to sound clueless but can you only get this on the Internet or could you get it on catch up tv on sky?

MrsBernardBlack Sun 26-Feb-17 17:18:46

I saw a trailer for this and will definitely try and find it in iPlayer, it looked very funny. I live in the sticks so it was great to see something written about rural life.

CantstandmLMs Sun 26-Feb-17 17:58:10

"Big Mandy" and her tattoo portfolio 😂 This has really cheered me up!

It's on BBC3 so on iPlayer only. Looking forward to the next episode.

Anyone have any recommendations for other shows like this and The Office? Doesn't have to be documentary style but this kind of humour.

ScarlettO89 Sun 26-Feb-17 18:03:10

I am going to watch this on BBC iplayer now- I was a huge fan of the office

UntilTheCowsComeHome Sun 26-Feb-17 18:11:53

Me and DH have spent the afternoon shouting
"Kerry?!"
"What?!"
"Kerry?!"
"What?!!"
"We're out of arse wipes!" grin

CantstandmLMs Sun 26-Feb-17 18:31:17

😂😂 haha the shouting mum. I might just watch all 3 again to cheer me up tonight!

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sun 26-Feb-17 18:35:19

ooo good i'm going to watch

people just do nothing is fab too smile

leccybill Sun 26-Feb-17 18:37:01

There was a show recently on Channel 4 or 5 set in Birmingham that was a bit like this? Can't think of the name.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sun 26-Feb-17 21:41:15

raised by wolves?

Megabeth Sun 26-Feb-17 22:04:50

CantstandLMs

Have you seen Getting On? It was originally on BBC 4 but is repeated on Gold.
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00llg8k

Megabeth Sun 26-Feb-17 22:21:10

Also, Summer Heights High
Ja'mie Private School Girl
They were both on BBC 3
Very funny mockumentaries from Australia.

leccybill Mon 27-Feb-17 00:01:32

Yes, Raised by Wolves

CantstandmLMs Mon 27-Feb-17 09:21:00

Sorry guys I couldn't stand Raised by Wolves!

As for Summer Heights High, J'amie etc. I absolutely LOVE anything he's done! Again, right up my street.

Will have a look at getting on. Thanks.

CantstandmLMs Mon 27-Feb-17 09:21:55

Also a big fan of anything by The League of Gentlemen guys and Julia Davis. Basically dark stuff! Haha

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 27-Feb-17 09:28:15

People Just do Nothing is hilarious.
I was a bit sniffy about This Country initially: 'oh, they're a soft target, young rural kids with no hope.' By the second and third episode I was chortling uncontrollably and can't wait for the next one.
Uncle Nugget - ' 'e wus only 'avin a larf' grin.

MadisonAvenue Mon 27-Feb-17 11:35:22

Bloody love this, caught the first one with my 16 year old after Match Of The Day and we haven't stopped laughing about it since. It's seems to get better and better with each episode.

hackmum Thu 09-Mar-17 10:32:05

Bit late to this, but saw the first two episodes last night. Very funny, but more in a smile of recognition than in a laugh-out-loud kind of way.

BUT I can't understand the decision to make Kurtan exactly like Gareth form The Office: same hairstyle, personality, way of talking...why?

Sparklydress Thu 09-Mar-17 10:36:20

The scarecrow competition was painfully realistic, my Dd won ours but was refused a photo in the local paper as she had not been 'local' for long enough grin.
The refusal was done by her own granny.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 09-Mar-17 12:11:29

grin Sparkly. Re. Kurtan, I heard the two actors on Front Row the other day (they're brother and sister), and I would say he's physically similar to Gareth, but his speaking voice is just an exaggeration of his own. Different personalities as well, although I suppose the painful lack of self-awareness is similar.
Watched ep 5 last night, with Kerry's dad, and it was quite sad, obviously intentionally.

MadisonAvenue Thu 09-Mar-17 12:15:03

The latest was sad, poor Kerry.
I noticed in the credits that the actor who played her Dad was also a Cooper so I wondered if it's a coincidence or whether he's their real life Dad.

Tiredemma Fri 10-Mar-17 15:56:20

Watched this last night. So funny- the book of Tattoos made me howl

LemonadeWithACherry Sat 11-Mar-17 22:37:05

I absolutely love this and have watched most episodes twice as I have made my ds and dh watch them with me too - thankfully they liked it as much as I do. The brother and sister are so talented.

Another Chris Lilley fan here!

OP have you seen Flight of the Conchords, Kath and Kim, Parks and Recreation? Also The Mighty Boosh, though that is more surreal than the others. All are really great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now