Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nashville Season 5 - US Pace SPOILER WARNING [Title edited by MNHQ]

(12 Posts)
tribpot Fri 24-Feb-17 10:21:35

Is anyone watching the new series? I won't say any more for fear of spoilering.

Jjou Fri 24-Feb-17 10:56:55

I was - I stopped at episode 7!!! Did you watch last night's?

tribpot Fri 24-Feb-17 11:48:43

Yes! That's what I want to talk about grin

Jjou Fri 24-Feb-17 12:52:16

But whoever clicks in will get spoiled! Although it does say US pace so...

Anyway, couldn't face what was coming so I wimped out. Episode 7 will forever be the finale for me grin

What did you think?

OnceUponATimeInLondon Fri 24-Feb-17 12:55:47

Ooooh where is it available? And did season 4 only have 21 eps? Couldn't find more than that on Now TV.

tribpot Fri 24-Feb-17 13:26:28

I've asked MN to add a SPOILER warning to the thread title before I say any more.

OnceUpon, yes, S4 had 21 episodes. I can't comment on how to watch shows at US pace.

Jjou, it was episode 9 last night, did you decide not to watch ep 8 as a precaution/because it leads up to the events of 9?

tribpot Fri 24-Feb-17 13:36:21

Oh great, that was very quick, thanks MNHQ.

Right, spoilery interlude:
I was surprised because I would assume the actor was locked in for at least the first series on CMT. But I suspect the actor wanted to move on to other things when the show was originally cancelled by ABC. I think a lot of fans will be upset about what this may mean for the longevity of the show as a whole.

dingdongdigeridoo Fri 24-Feb-17 22:14:02

I read the spoiler for this. Holy shit. The show is surely going to be over now? It has declined in quality anyway.

tribpot Fri 24-Feb-17 22:27:17

This season has been a marked improvement on the one before - that was just an insane mishmash of storylines mostly featuring Rayna having to juggle 15 different crises at once, along with a relentless display of sleb cameos.

I started out assuming that CMT would only run one season, to allow storylines to be played out properly. But a few episodes in I thought they could do maybe two or three seasons to allow, e.g. Scarlet and Gunner to hit the big time (or Will for that matter, given he really has got star power), Highway 65 to stop lurching from one disaster to another and become properly successful, and obviously for the apparently irresistible Liam to reappear. And for Juliet to get back to being a superstar. Now I don't see how it survives past one season. It will be interesting to see if they can develop the rest of the cast - on the one hand I worry that they might give too much to Hayden Panettiere to do given she has her own real life health problems, on the other that if they don't we will be subjected to too much dreary Scarlett and Maddie.

Bansteadmum Fri 24-Feb-17 22:54:29

shock sad

Great character.

Jjou Sat 25-Feb-17 06:02:11

Yeah I deliberately stopped at episode 7 so that Rayna and Deacon would forever be making their album together. Rayna was my favourite character I couldn't bring myself to watch her die.
This season started out brilliantly but I think there's been way to much focus on Rayna's kids, especially Maddie who I really can't stand. And characters like Will have virtually disappeared sad
So no more Nashville for me! Shame as it was my fave show by miles

tribpot Sat 25-Feb-17 07:35:13

Yes, Maddie has been pretty annoying again this season, although not as bad as last, of course. And not enough Juliette, although that may be down to HP needing to pace herself.

Will has barely featured, indeed even new guy Zach seems to have disappeared in recent episodes. I'm assuming there will be more of them in the episodes still to come.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now