Talk

Advanced search

Unbelievable birth!

(9 Posts)
brokenbone Mon 20-Feb-17 21:02:18

Leanne on Corrie... first baby, 30 minute labour, one push... hmm

MrsLouisTomlinson Mon 20-Feb-17 21:03:32

No umbilical cord or placenta and a baby that looks like it could start school in a couple of weeks...

Doje Mon 20-Feb-17 21:04:43

Ridiculous.

brokenbone Mon 20-Feb-17 21:04:54

And Toyahs clean hands when she phoned peter! 😂😂

hollyisalovelyname Tue 21-Feb-17 21:20:55

gringringrin
My thoughts exactly ladies.

brokenbone Wed 22-Feb-17 06:42:53

No mess in the lift, clean clothes... come on Corrie hmm

pinkieandperkie Wed 22-Feb-17 07:10:26

I was discussing this yesterday with my mum but I referred to it as a ten minute labour. I thought Leanne's hairdo held up remarkably well.

brokenbone Wed 22-Feb-17 07:23:24

It's the same with Call the Midwife (although I do love that programme) oops my waters broke, call the nuns, 10 mins later out pops a baby. In real life you're waters break, you labour slowly for what feels like forever, go to hospital, get sent home. Hang around the house for days, go back to hospital... 2 cms dilated... 3 years later, out pops baby after 3 epidurals, a pharmacy full of drugs, and a couple of hours playing the mad girl in the exorcist. I've had bowel movements that took long then Leanne's birth!

MiaowTheCat Wed 22-Feb-17 09:43:16

I did very nearly reenact Daphne from Neighbours' birth with DD2... just about got my jeans off in time for her to appear. I've got a history of very very quick labours though - DD2 was sub-10 minutes and I don't recall any pushing effort whatsoever (possibly just means I've got a fanny like a bucket though).

The midwife who just about appeared in time to deliver DD2 was very very bemused by it and said it was one of the few times in her career she'd been completely caught out by the timescales involved!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now