The people vs OJ Simpson

(40 Posts)
Sillysausage123 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:07:47

Has anyone seen this on Netflix?
I think it's really good.
The casting is great apart from Cuba Gooding who doesn't fit playing OJ
John Travolta is brilliant as a smarmy lawyer.
I'm wondering how true to life this is as it seems to portray OJ as quite humble and sorry for causing trouble when he is in the car trying to flee. I couldn't quite picture OJ being that polite and apologetic especially as he lost his temper and beat Nicole several times in a temper.

RainbowCake Sun 19-Feb-17 22:48:50

I watched it when it was in TV, it had me hooked. John Travolta is barely recognisable and I love the actress playing Marcia. Bit hmm about David Schwimmer at first as he's just Ross but he grew on me.
I think there is a big thread on here about it.

Destinysdaughter Sun 19-Feb-17 22:52:10

There was a v good thread about it last year. It's an excellent series.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Mon 20-Feb-17 02:23:37

yeah it was great tv

furlinedsheepskinjacket Mon 20-Feb-17 02:23:38

yeah it was great tv

kwick Mon 27-Feb-17 20:20:04

Great TV - am re-watching (again). It is very realistic- you only need to watch "OJ: Made in America" to see how much.
There is just something about this case, which fascinates me.

RozTheSchnoz Mon 27-Feb-17 20:43:03

kwick where are you watching OJ Made in America please?

kwick Mon 27-Feb-17 20:46:28

Roz on BBC - it is on the iplayer grin all 6 hours of it....

RozTheSchnoz Mon 27-Feb-17 20:56:43

Ooh brilliant - will get downloading! Thank you smile

redexpat Mon 27-Feb-17 21:05:53

Its on my netflix too! Saw it last year and it filled in a few gaps for me. I could only remember the verdict, not the background nor why it was so important. I spent a lot of time googling whilst watching.

kwick Tue 28-Feb-17 10:20:02

Me too redex!!! I was thinking about buying the If I did it book too blush

redexpat Tue 28-Feb-17 13:08:40

Interesting - I was wondering whether to buy Marci's book.

BreatheDeep Tue 28-Feb-17 13:16:24

I'm watching this and really enjoying it. I keep googling while watching too

SumThucker Tue 28-Feb-17 13:54:53

How good does Marcia look now in "OJ Made In America"? shock She looks better now than she did 20 years ago.

gluteustothemaximus Tue 28-Feb-17 13:58:33

TV series was excellent apart from Cuba.

Marcia's book is excellent and well worth a read.

gluteustothemaximus Tue 28-Feb-17 13:59:45

Also bought the If I Did it book too, that is also worth reading!

kwick Tue 28-Feb-17 14:02:19

I was thinking the same sum - Marcia looks fantastic!!!

Yep I agree glut - when I first watched I liked Cuba's rendition but now I have seen OJ "in the flesh" as it were, he really did not capture the essence at all. Still great though.

ArmySal Wed 01-Mar-17 00:35:49

Cuba is way too tiny to play 6ft 2 OJ. The scene at the beginning with the police was ridiculous, they all were taller.

CoolCarrie Wed 01-Mar-17 13:03:49

The book by Christopher Durdan is worth reading too. Interesting especially as he was under so much pressure, being a young black man involved in dealing with such a racist policeman, and the sense of injustice. My heart really goes out to the families of Nicole, especially her children, and Ron. At least the bastard is in jail now and hopefully will die there.

kwick Wed 01-Mar-17 18:50:51

cool he is up for parole this October...

CoolCarrie Wed 01-Mar-17 19:44:47

Bloody hell, I didn't know that! WTF let's hope he doesn't get out

absolutelynotfabulous Wed 01-Mar-17 21:41:06

Made in America was brilliant. I remember the case well, and I was in LA for some of the case. It was a bloody circus.

I could never believe how OJ got off until I saw the documentary. The evidence against him was overwhelming imho.

Glad he got put away in the end. I didn't watch the drama but will do now.

Imi22sleeping Thu 02-Mar-17 16:00:20

I was in the usa the day the high speed chance happened and we sat watching it all on the tv. Totaly took me bqck watching it again

slinkyme Thu 09-Mar-17 13:53:10

For those interested in this there is a 3 part documentary called OJ Made in America on BBC iPlayer. I believe this won best documentary at the oscars. It's long but thought it was excellent.

LouiseBrooks Fri 10-Mar-17 13:02:51

slinkyme

I've been waiting to see the documentary for ages. I've only seen part one so far but it is brilliant. Hoping to finish it over the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now