Talk

Advanced search

This World - Russian Hooligans

(8 Posts)
Luckystar1 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:54:19

Anyone watching?! Fuck me!! This is the most pathetic (and scary!) pursuit I've ever heard of!

HelsinkiLights Thu 16-Feb-17 21:57:53

DH has it on. I'm not really paying much attention but the men in it seem quite sad. (Sad as in daft.)
I think the Russian football scene seems like ours did around 30+ years ago.

Luckystar1 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:02:43

It's a sad reflection of Russian society if this what they're doing of an evening.

Although that fight was strangely civilised!!

Luckystar1 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:10:32

Ps. I obviously appreciate this is a teeny, tiny representation of Russia!!!

HelsinkiLights Thu 16-Feb-17 22:20:56

My thoughts are that is it's a mixture of men trying to give themselves a status in a small town (which happens worldwide), a feeling of being shat upon by the ruling class (perhaps more so now with the curious mixture of the breakdown of communism/now a capitalist society with extremes I.e

HelsinkiLights Thu 16-Feb-17 22:25:35

Arghhhh posted too soon!

My thoughts are that is it's a mixture of men trying to give themselves a status in a small town (which happens worldwide), a feeling of being shat upon by the ruling class (perhaps more so now with the curious mixture of the breakdown of communism/now a capitalist society with extremes i.e. oligarchs to poverty/a semi dictator.)
And also the Russian introspection/melancholia......

Olympiathequeen Fri 17-Feb-17 20:47:14

Thought it was hideous. The behaviour was appalling and people were killed and injured. Why on earth did FIFA give the World Cup to Russia when they have hooligans like those on home soil? I'd be quite happy to stay away (team that is)

Russian society is riddled with corruption and this behaviour doesn't surprise anyone.

Luckystar1 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:08:03

It was strange. But I find Russia fascinating... there's been a lot of strife over the years which has never really been straightened out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now