Talk

Advanced search

The Real Marigold Hotel

(70 Posts)
LIZS Wed 15-Feb-17 21:08:20

Anyone watching ? Paul Nicholas is 72 and Lionel Blair 87!

Flowersonthewall Wed 15-Feb-17 21:13:27

Lionel Blair has always been old...I can't get over amanda Barrie is only 5 years younger than my barely walking very old nan! 81 wtf! I thought she was about 70!

SoupDragon Wed 15-Feb-17 21:17:11

I thought Lionel Blair was gay! He's been married for 40 years!

Garnethair Wed 15-Feb-17 21:18:38

How can Paul Nicholas be that old? In my head he is late forties.

LIZS Wed 15-Feb-17 21:19:19

I thought that too, soup.

Hulababy Wed 15-Feb-17 21:21:18

First 5 minute of these kind of programmes me and dh end up exclaiming 'gosh is s/he that age!' I guess you forget that these TV people age at the same rate as us. Especially when they're on TV less we seem to think they stay the same age they were before!

Summerof85 Wed 15-Feb-17 21:38:33

Miriam Stoppard is 78, she looks amazing! I hope I look like that when I'm her age! In fact they all look great.

RubyJack Wed 15-Feb-17 21:48:25

Miriam does look fantastic. Paul has not aged so wellsad

fourquenelles Wed 15-Feb-17 21:51:55

What a wonderful looking bit of the planet and the Indian people there seem to be lovely too. On my list for a future visit but I'd better get a crack on being over 60 myself now.

JustDanceAddict Wed 15-Feb-17 22:14:53

Paul Nicholas - omg - I was wittering to dh about how much he's aged - maybe its cos he hasn't been on tv for ages so more of a shock?
Great programme - made me want to go, but avoid Delhi belly!

ChuckSnowballs Wed 15-Feb-17 22:16:56

I think with Paul N it is the hair. All those curls. Gone.

Until he took his top off. Not so good.

Smidge001 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:26:09

I was glued to watching/inspecting Paul Nicholas. Couldn't believe how much he'd aged. I definitely think it's the hair (or lack of) - or the cut/length - or straightness... see, I still can't work it out. confused How can he be old?

But oh my - that smile is still there wink . It's amazing how a smile can do that!!

SoupDragon Wed 15-Feb-17 22:32:51

maybe its cos he hasn't been on tv for ages so more of a shock?

He was in eastenders last year.

NormaSmuff Wed 15-Feb-17 23:32:56

he still has a nice face and such a lovely voice.
he needs to keep a hat on

bellabelly Wed 15-Feb-17 23:37:58

They seem a less whingey bunch than the last lot.

In my head Paul Nicholas still looks like he did in the '80s in Just Good Friends. Was shocked to see him looking properly old.

Really enjoyed tonight's programme - has made me want to retire immediately to Kerala...

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Thu 16-Feb-17 06:23:04

I was in Kerala last month. It really is stunning, and the people so lovely. I'd retire there like a shot, but you wouldn't be able to get a visa to stay there long term.

SoupDragon Thu 16-Feb-17 08:11:39

Thinking about it, Paul Nicolas hasn't aged badly, he's just lost The Hair.

The80sweregreat Thu 16-Feb-17 10:29:13

My dh has been to Kerala and stayed on one of those boats where they cook for you and stop off for fish at the side ( it was a business trip!) he loves India. i have never been.
The last lot that were there with Bobby George did look into a long term stay, but its very difficult apparently to emigrate for good.
Not sure what they want to achieve with this programme, but the scenery is nice and they had a holiday out of it. I dont know why i thought Lional Blair was gay either! They seem to all get on, even with bill oddie, who can be difficult ( seen him on other shows and he looked hard work!)

Susiesoap7 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:34:47

I was as surprised as you all are at how old they all are! Miriam looks great. Rustie would have annoyed me if I was the chef taking over in the kitchen, a right bossy boots! Funny though she got some kind of parasite that has made her ill and she has lost loads of weight.

mrswhiplington Thu 16-Feb-17 10:48:48

I couldn't believe how old some of them were, especially Lionel Blair and Amanda Barrie, they look great. Still think Paul Nicholas has that twinkle in his eye he's always had. Watched him in Eastenders last year playing a sinister character but don't think he really pulled it off, too chirpy.grin

Kerala looks wonderful and the house they are staying in looks fab!!

Groovee Thu 16-Feb-17 10:57:50

What channel was it on?

SoupDragon Thu 16-Feb-17 11:05:20

It was on BBC1

I dont know why i thought Lional Blair was gay either!

For me it is the campness. I never doubted for one moment he was gay until last night!

Groovee Thu 16-Feb-17 15:26:35

Caught up on it. Quite enjoyed it. Especially when Rusty Lee took over the kitchen.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Thu 16-Feb-17 15:28:51

Miriam does look fantastic.

She does, however I think she has had 'work done' tbf.

RatHammock Thu 16-Feb-17 15:32:06

I have only just realised that Paul Nicholas is a completely different person from Paul Nicholls. Was thinking that he can't possibly be 72!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now