Talk

Advanced search

Programme about a foster carer...

(8 Posts)
TheGoodEnoughWife Sat 11-Feb-17 16:13:38

Been trying to remember details of a programme I watched a while ago. Can't remember when!

Big old house with a woman living there who fosters. Lots of children. Woman I thought was played by Pauline Quirke but can't find it when I search her.

A bit I really remember is a social worker (maybe?) bringing a boy in and saying he was an arsonist and the woman gives him a box of matches and asks him to start a fire in the fireplace.
Maybe a children's home for troubled children?

Fingers crossed this means something to someone else and I havent just imagined it!

Readytomakechanges Sat 11-Feb-17 21:30:56

I know which one you mean and have been trying to remember the name of it to re-watch it for years.

Unfortunately, I've not succeeded so far.

Hopefully someone on here will know it.

TheGoodEnoughWife Sat 11-Feb-17 22:47:56

Not just me then! Do you think it was Pauline Quirke? Sometimes I think it was Sarah Lancashire but then I have searched her programmes with no luck so I come back to PQ

catiscomfybutIneedapee Sat 11-Feb-17 22:51:04

Seeing Red. Sarah Lancashire.

It's about Coral Atkins. I can picture the exact scene with the matches. I think it's on youtube.

catiscomfybutIneedapee Sat 11-Feb-17 22:52:49

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMp1QRhVn4

33 minutes in.

Readytomakechanges Sat 11-Feb-17 23:32:21

I was sure it had 'red' on the title.

Thank you cat

TheGoodEnoughWife Sun 12-Feb-17 11:41:20

You absolute star! Have been thinking about this for ages.

A film then not a programme and SL not PQ lol

Thank you :-)

Megatherium Sun 12-Feb-17 15:27:03

I looked up Coral Atkins out of curiosity to see what happened next. She carried on running the home till 1997 when she had to stop due to illness, and only died a couple of months ago. I wasn't aware of it - the news must have got buried in the general celebrity carnage of 2016.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now