Talk

Advanced search

Any Scandi drama recommendations?

(13 Posts)
Optimist1 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:23:51

Just finished Aquitted (Channel 4 online), which was very good, and I'm now keen to find another series. I've done The Bridge, The Killing, Trapped, Borgen and so on. Case sounds right up my street but I don't have Sky.

MusicToMyEars800 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:31:54

there's one that looks good it's called blue eyes and its a scandi noir that is about political extremism, I think you can watch it online

www.channel4.com/programmes/blue-eyes

I am about to give it a go myself, and when I am finished with that I will be watching this one.

www.channel4.com/programmes/thicker-than-water

Optimist1 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:53:57

Thanks, Music - I've seen Blue Eyes and quite enjoyed it (not as many enviable interiors as I would have liked, but an exciting plot), but Thicker than Water looks like a goodun! flowers

GerundTheBehemoth Fri 10-Feb-17 10:58:51

Case is on Channel 4, isn't it?

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 10-Feb-17 11:09:13

Have you see "Occupied" - Norwegian one. I have seen all of the above.

Thicker than Water was good and a bit different to the others as is Occupied.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 10-Feb-17 11:09:37

Sorry - just remembered The Legacy too.

Optimist1 Fri 10-Feb-17 11:23:26

Thanks, Gerund - I'd googled Case and could only find references to Sky Atlantic, but it's on Channel 4 too! Have put Occupied and The Legacy on my list, Allthebest.

SapphireStrange Fri 10-Feb-17 14:54:05

Yes, I came on to say Case is on Walter Presents. You have to watch all the ads, is the only downside.

I loved Thicker than Water. It's less police procedural-style noir, more family drama. There's apparently going to be another series.

Also, Modus (it was on BBC4 I think). Not real top-notch stuff like The Killing, but good.

This is a good site for keeping up with Nordic drama news!

loinnir Fri 10-Feb-17 15:08:23

Blue eyes is good so is Mammon if a bit serious.

If you can shift to France then Spin is pretty good (also a second series if you like it). It's about a top political PR uncovering the President's lies and his campaign for an underdog candidate. No Limit has 3 series and is great fun - about a spy (in the James Bond action sense) but trying to be family man - lots of action and lots of humour

Andylion Fri 10-Feb-17 17:36:06

Dicte.

Optimist1 Fri 10-Feb-17 18:44:52

Thanks for the website link, Sapphire - have subscribed to their newsletter.
Have seen Modus and Mammon, but have noted the other suggestions made above. Many thanks to everyone for your input.

(I watched the first episode of Case earlier today and have a feeling that much of the weekend will be spent keeping warm and watching it!)

diddl Fri 10-Feb-17 22:14:24

Not Scandi, but there was a Flemish series The Out-Laws that was quite good. (original title Clan)

That was a Walter Presents iirc.

WowOoo Fri 10-Feb-17 22:35:51

Have you seen Modus? It was great. Trapped - that was fab too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now