Talk

Advanced search

The Jump

(35 Posts)
StorminaBcup Sun 05-Feb-17 20:12:21

Anyone else watching? Wiggins is pretty coy about his Olympic achievements isn't he? hmm

specialsubject Sun 05-Feb-17 21:16:59

Shamelessly watching - love it because blubbing and babble gets you nowhere.

Unsurprised at the bottle out at the end, hope she doesn't get her fee!

LIZS Sun 05-Feb-17 21:18:03

Dull!

ManaFleet Sun 05-Feb-17 21:27:20

We've watched ten minutes, just to see how Bradley Wiggins came across. I now feel genuinely depressed at how mindless and awful it is and that people are watching it.

MrsJamin Sun 05-Feb-17 22:16:18

Why do celebrities go on this? People injure themselves every year!

IhatchedaSnorlax Sun 05-Feb-17 23:02:56

My DSs love it - especially for the drama of someone getting seriously hurt blush

StorminaBcup Sun 05-Feb-17 23:09:45

It's the first time I've watched it as I was waiting for homeland. I'm surprised actual athletes are taking part considering Vogue (I think?), seriously hurt her knee.

Wiggins came across as a complete prat.

specialsubject Mon 06-Feb-17 09:37:03

Davina has clearly got a list of playground phrases to sneak in.

Yes, it is hardly high brow but as one who doesn't get why there is any entertainment in watching people make cake, and can't stand shrieky one note no talent howlers, it is reality TV for people like me. Not watching hoping for injury, it is actual sport.

As it has ads I record it, this also allows skipping the interviews as talking to a reality TV star is indeed a waste of time.

Looks like the contract does need smaller words and bigger letters though - those who don't want to ski jump should not sign up.

1happyhippie Mon 06-Feb-17 09:47:27

We watched it too. My dds love it.
There's been serious injuries each year. I'm surprised they can get anyone to sign up!
I quite like Bradley Wiggins. But have followed him for years as dp is a big cycling fan.
Davina does my head in, she talks over people and thinks she's funnier than she is.

Dowser Mon 06-Feb-17 10:04:39

Half watched it while I was faffing on with something else.
Was surprised it was back after all the accidents last year.
Cant understand anyone signing up for this unless they are trained.

I like josie Gibson and I can understand her putting herself out there but come on...this is dangerous/ life altering stuff if you get injured.

Sometimes I think these slebs agents heads must be up their backsides or the slebs in question have huge tax bills they haven't budgeted for .

Someone is going to get really hurt . It really is only a matter of time. Look at what's happened to experienced skier Michael Schumacher. All those years driving cars at super high speed and he sustains serious life altering injuries.

Let's not forget the tragedy of Michael Lush either.

LIZS Mon 06-Feb-17 11:05:56

Tina Hobley did get badly hurt last year, entirely not of her fault. Beth Tweddle also had a very nasty accident and was lucky that she recovered so well. I don't get why sportspeople, especially those who are still competing, are prepared to risk so much for a relatively minor reality show.

specialsubject Mon 06-Feb-17 14:11:28

Tina hobleys injury was partly due to a comms mix up which should not have happened. Hopefully they have learned, and the contestants ask questions.

But they all know what is involved and anyone who isnt going to ski jump should not sign up.

Michael Lush was killed due to a catalogue of short cuts and avoidable errors - I don't think he knew that he could not trust the stunt arrangers. Very sad.

Dowser Mon 06-Feb-17 14:46:32

Yes, they certainly had blood on their hands.
Think mike smith and Noel Edmonds took a lot of the rap for that one . That should not have been allowed to happen and should have been tested over and over again before they were let loose on the unsuspecting public.

honeyroar Mon 06-Feb-17 22:00:00

I sound like the only one, but I quite like it. They've done a lot more basic training at home, it seems, this year.

I met Heather Mills last year and chatted to her about The Jump. She said she was a bit of an adrenalin junkie. She's training to try for the next Winter Olympics. She was lovely.

LIZS Mon 06-Feb-17 22:09:08

They might have spent longer in uk because snow conditions on the Alps were rubbish until a couple of weeks ago.

AppleYumYum Sat 11-Feb-17 00:00:11

Going against the grain here... I'm afraid I love it, I've no sympathy for the contestants - they know what they're signing up for and they get all that training by Warren Smith personally and a trip to the Alps. I don't know who half of them are, but I hope Spencer gets shown up big time.

I really love Davina too, I'm a Long Lost Family addict and I think she's fab. I never understand why people don't like her confused

Floralnomad Sat 11-Feb-17 13:13:15

We watched the first episode , but we downloaded it and by the time you wind through all the crap you can watch it in about 15 minutes which is definitely the way to do it .

IhatchedaSnorlax Sat 11-Feb-17 19:28:38

I'm with you Apple grin

LIZS Mon 13-Feb-17 08:25:24

Apparently BW has a leg fracture so can't continue but will still feature for 2 more weeks.

specialsubject Mon 13-Feb-17 10:07:30

Before they knew that, he was given a bye into next week - clearly a new measure to avoid running out of contestants so fast.

With blubby woman removed in the first week, they now seem a likeable bunch so I hope they all survive unscathed.

IhatchedaSnorlax Mon 13-Feb-17 20:34:23

How will he still feature?

StorminaBcup Mon 13-Feb-17 21:42:22

I missed this week's but I'd read Wiggins is out due to injury. Apparently he'll be in it until week 4 because of how it's filmed. I thought it was live (or near enough).

I don't mind Davina either.

user1467738129 Mon 13-Feb-17 22:09:09

Caprice is awful! Face doesn't move and dreadful screechy American voice?

AppleYumYum Mon 13-Feb-17 22:30:43

I really can't warm to BW, I don't mind serious sportsmen and I enjoy watching them take on new things like this or Strictly etc, Steve Redgrave was very interesting to watch last year, they're very competitive and eager to practice and learn the every detail, very methodical etc. He's very cold though and aloof, very strange vibe.

I think Caprice has the hots for Spenny but he's all Vogue Vogue Vogue!

Floralnomad Mon 13-Feb-17 22:38:56

I thought this week was better , still watched it on fast forward though ! I'm not bothered about Wiggins as I've never particularly liked him , really enjoying watching the other men as they seem a really nice bunch .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now