Talk

Advanced search

Dance Moms

(19 Posts)
MommaGee Mon 30-Jan-17 16:15:23

Anyone else watching?

Why do they all have .music videos too? Why are the vocals on most of them spp bad??

How can they put up with her???

ppeatfruit Tue 31-Jan-17 11:00:35

I started watching because I like dance, but that terrible woman made me sick so I can't stand it now ( I don't watch) It's disgusting, I feel so sorry for the kids on it. With some of those mothers angry sad

mamatiger83 Tue 21-Feb-17 08:51:17

Addicted to dance moms!!

WishITookLifeSeriously Tue 21-Feb-17 08:54:20

I have watched it from the very beginning. I'm excited to see what happens without Abby, even though I'm sure it won't be the same.

Dancergirl Tue 21-Feb-17 15:28:28

What channel is it on now? My dds love it.

Chottie Wed 22-Feb-17 07:28:55

What! has Abby left Dance Moms?

I'm a few episodes behind and am watching on channel 30 Star on FreeView.

Str4ngedaysindeed Wed 22-Feb-17 07:30:29

Oh it is quite quite awful isn't it? 11 year DD adores it though! I think I read somewhere that Abby had been arrested for something? I may be wrong though.

TataEsNC Wed 22-Feb-17 07:33:23

omg i love dance moms.
so does dh lol
abbey is such a cow. i reckon it's a lot for camera tho? who'd put up with her?!

MiaowTheCat Wed 22-Feb-17 09:40:10

Abby's on trial for bankruptcy fraud I believe it is and it's pretty much clear she's going to be found guilty from what I've read.

Just remember it's really heavily edited and manipulated now - they've got terrible for cutting in random other sound bites out of context and manipulating the competition results (which aren't legit competitions anyway - they're invitationals) to get whatever narrative they're pushing at the time. I still watch it because I like the girls and seeing how they've grown up but take it all very very heavily with a pinch of salt.

We're generally about half a week behind the States on Lifetime... various C5 channels show older series during the week so it can get a bit confusing with the lineup changes if you're dipping in and out of it.

Dancergirl Wed 22-Feb-17 11:50:29

miaow my dds used to watch on Living I think the channel was called when we had Sky. But we've stopped Sky now, too expensive and have a humax box. We can still get the old series but they're moaning that they can't watch Series 6.

MiaowTheCat Wed 22-Feb-17 13:04:15

If you look into how to do it - something like a firestick with Kodi loaded onto it can get you access to season 6 and 7 - I tend to watch it on there the day after it airs in the US.

MarciaBlaine Wed 22-Feb-17 13:06:40

My dd loves it. I think it's dire.

MrsRedFly Wed 22-Feb-17 13:08:59

I think she's already pled guilty!!

Maybe they'll bring Cathy in - she's hideous...

Vagndidit Wed 22-Feb-17 17:10:34

Abby's sentencing is this Friday in the US. Should be interesting...

MommaGee Wed 22-Feb-17 23:39:19

omg i totally missed all thi and its my post haha

i must be a series behind, didn't know about the fraud thing. eek!

why is all the girls music so crap tho?

Gatehouse77 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:49:57

I'm watching season 5 on 5*

It's like car crash TV. I just can't get my head round a few things.

1) Why the kids are all so keen for singing careers and yet spend all their time dancing? Mackenzie can't sing without auto tune.
2) Why no one calls out Abby directly for her unbelievable hypocrisy? She's proven herself to be a liar - the photos for LA, unprofessional - her tantrum at the music video with that boy when she was late and then demanded they all pull out instead of just Mackenzie, a cry baby and running to 'mummy', etc.
3) Why those mothers aren't willing to stand up to her bullying - I guess it's to do with contracts and money?
4) Why Jill insists all the time that "This week is Kendall's week" but if she doesn't do well it's because of external factors.

Sometimes I know I'm only watching it to see Abby fail and get really annoyed when she still manages to come up smelling of roses.

youarenotkiddingme Fri 24-Feb-17 20:48:37

I LoVE it!!! Mostly for how ridiculous it is!!!
I have laughed out loud a lot at Yolanda the mini mum.

Jill drives me nuts but the last series (7) she was actually quite normal. (For her!)

I adore Holly. She's actually extremely normal and can hold Abby to account mostly without screaming at her. My favourite bit is in series 1 when she tells Abby it wasn't a confrontation - it was a conversation. It was just Abby decided to start screaming!
Nia and Kalani are actually quite talented. Both can sing well and are natural performers.

But although she said the least Melissa was the biggest hypocrite of them all! And Maddie was a brat in season 1 and either because nicer or was a much better actress than we ever have her credit for.

The funny thing is dance moms wasn't meant to be about ALDC. Originally it was going to be. 6 part documentary following dance moms and kids from 5 states and looking/ comparing them. But when they auditioned at ALDC they loved the dance moms and felt they would produce a good show - they weren't wrong!!!!

youarenotkiddingme Fri 24-Feb-17 20:50:09

Oh and you can watch the episodes.
Just google and there's a sight starting with p and with tv with them on.

MommaGee Fri 03-Mar-17 01:23:29

There's youtube videos of Ken in singing without autocue but I hate some of the other songs. Jojoba really needs to stick to dancing!!!!
I like Holly but really surprised she's let Nia look and dress so much older in her videos

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now