MrsVamos Sun 29-Jan-17 23:50:00

I thought this way I'd know where to find you all. smile

Raahh Mon 30-Jan-17 07:13:00

Hurrah! grinflowersMrsV

Morning!

No tennis to wake up tosad .

But I might get some stuff done this morning. Maybe.grin

JaneJeffer Wed 01-Feb-17 10:53:34

Hi everyone, I'm just posting so that this is on my threads. I hadn't realised the old one was full because I've been using the horrible app! tennis

Raahh Wed 01-Feb-17 13:23:33

tennisjane the app is very hit and miss for me.

Rotterdam next week....

Raahh Wed 01-Feb-17 13:25:47

or is it the week after? Think it's the 13th. so week after.

all my weeks are merging into one grin

CremeEggThief Wed 01-Feb-17 20:29:02

Thank you, lovely MrsVsmilestar.

OneInAMillionYou Sat 04-Feb-17 00:11:13

Clay is a long way off yet
First we have the American hard court series at Indian Wells and Miami
Don't think Fed will be playing much clay this season, maybe only Roland Garros

Still loving the Australian Open outcome.

hugoagogo Mon 06-Feb-17 08:45:53

For what a weird ending for the davis cup.
Kyle was playing so well and then a snotty thwack from Denis shappywhatsit and game over.sad
poor ump it looked well ouchy

Raahh Mon 06-Feb-17 17:01:25

It was very odd, wasn't it?

JaneJeffer Wed 15-Feb-17 14:04:58

Just decided to check if there was any tennis and found Rotterdam is on Sky. I'm feeling sorry for myself today because my IBS has flared up and the weather is awful here.

Raahh Fri 17-Feb-17 20:54:52

Hope you are feeling better Jane

I'm glad to see Grigor doing so well, and next week Delpo is due to play at Del ray beach which was his big come back last year, so I'm hoping he does well. And it's nearly Indian Wells and Miami...

wishing the weeks away

tennis

Raahh Sun 19-Feb-17 20:34:37

Fab win for Jo willy.

It's always nice to see the titles being shared around. grin

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Thu 23-Feb-17 02:57:11

Yaayyyyyy I found you! Raahh you can ignore my PM now grin

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Thu 23-Feb-17 03:00:09

Dubai, anyone? Mexico, Budapest?

My brother thinks he saw Eugenie Bouchard in the Toronto airport tonight, but as neither of us can think of any reason for her to be there, sadly we think it must have just been her doppelganger. I mean she should be down in Florida practising her socks off, surely?

Raahh Thu 23-Feb-17 13:49:13

Hello!! Glad you found it- it fell off y TIO. And then I couldn't find it on my watching threads.

I'm torn at the moment because I want Delpo to win at Delray Beach and Raonic. grin.

Moving into the big tournaments soon- Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami. Lots to looks forward (whilst we are currently being blown to bits by Storm Doris) grin

Raahh Thu 23-Feb-17 20:21:48

I've just read that Eugenie is going on a second date with the fan she went out with after losing her Super Bowl bet . I didn't pay attention properly to the original story, but I do think it's very sweet.

Raahh Thu 23-Feb-17 21:49:11

Currently watching Dogs Bollocks playing Zeballos in Rio, on Eurosport. terrible sound quality, and a very ropey looking court, actually.

It seems dark in Rio, and lots of empty seats. (can't work out the time difference tired ) . grin

Raahh Thu 23-Feb-17 21:52:00

Dogs is having a good week- he beat Nishikori in the final at Buenos Aires at the weekend.

Raahh Thu 23-Feb-17 22:38:30

I've just read that Djok has taken a wild card to play in Acapulco. This is quite unusual, as, like Murray, he doesn't really play 'small' tournaments. (Queen's was always an exception, being the only pre-Wimbledon grass tournament. It was up graded from a 250 to a 500 tournament a couple of years ago.) It suggests a slight panic in the Djok camp.

Raahh Fri 24-Feb-17 13:23:43

Delpo through to the qf's, and Milos, at Delray Beach. Milos plays Kyle Edmund next. Would be a big win for Kyle, that one.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sat 25-Feb-17 03:01:56

Raahh what does that mean, a 250 or a 500 tournament?

Raahh Sat 25-Feb-17 07:00:39

hearts it's the the number of points on offer, on the ATP your there are 3 levels 250 tournaments, 500s, , and then masters 1000s, like the biggies at places like Indian Wells. The more points, the bigger the field of players. And usually the bigger names.

Queens was upgraded to a 500 in 2015 I think, which is why a lot more big names are suddenly choosing to sign up. I'm not sure what Halle was /is.

Raahh Sat 25-Feb-17 07:07:28

Think Halle might have upgraded the same year. ( Which is where Roger always prefers to play).

I say the other he has signed a contract to continue for another 3 years, so he doesn't look ready for retirement yet, Federer. I wonder if he will choose his tournaments carefully though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now