Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recovery

(20 Posts)
nikkie Sun 25-Feb-07 22:15:53

The one thing I worried about with this was separating DT from the doctor, but he is great in this.

PeachesMcLean Sun 25-Feb-07 22:17:45

He is very good,yes, but god it's depressing. That's why I came back on MN for a bit of light relief!

I seriously can't be doing with that beard though.

nikkie Sun 25-Feb-07 22:31:21

It did grow on me but he looks better without it

Very depressong prog but worth watching.

PeachyClair Sun 25-Feb-07 22:32:07

he was very good I thought, beard a bit lentil weavery but even aso- good programme

Mandymoo Sun 25-Feb-07 22:32:31

i am in tears! Sarah Parish was good as the wife i thought

onlyjoking Sun 25-Feb-07 22:35:49

i wasn't sure if i should watch this as it's a bit too close to home, althou my DH is not as bad.

alcyone Sun 25-Feb-07 22:41:46

Beckie,why was DT beard growing on you?.....sorry,silly i know,couldn't resist

mumtogusnalbie Sun 25-Feb-07 22:50:20

I was looking forward to this programme all week and now I am still crying - not sure i should have watched it really !!!!

Sobernow Sun 25-Feb-07 22:53:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeachyClair Sun 25-Feb-07 23:17:47

I musta dmit it was good to see another (albeit not real) carer having a break down and it not being me for onvce Am I cruel???

onlyjoking Sun 25-Feb-07 23:21:03

no not cruel, he was very similar to my DH, thou have to say my DH hasn't started using the potty, myself and DH watched it and we were both in tears, DH said do you think i will get that bad

PeachyClair Sun 25-Feb-07 23:23:41

Oh OJ- give him a big hug!!!! I didn't know about your DH- must be really hard for you, although would he be likely to deteriorate? I've worked with people whose bodies have been wrecked and their minds intact from RTA's but not the reverse.

I liked the bit in the University when she was sarky to someone looking- i thought Yay, we've all been there and whoever wrote this knows a thing or two

onlyjoking Sun 25-Feb-07 23:27:17

well my DH has a brain tumour so it was kinda similar in lots of ways, the lack of memory and the mood swings, the bits in the kitchen were just like in our house, except my DH keeps saying i have moved the fridge and things!

PeachyClair Sun 25-Feb-07 23:30:55

Ah so it oculd change then . My friend cares for her Dad who has dementia and its much like this, she also has her sister who has severe mental health issues to contend with and her 3 kids, one of whom has SN. Its so ahrd for her! Everytime she gets a day off, her sister will tuen up and dump her dad on her shouting I cant cope! at her, or she'll cancel at the last minute. He went (voluntarily and loved it) into a care unit for respite, but her sister discharges him hten drops him on friends doorstep and leaves him. She lost her Mum to pre-senile demntia and breast cancer when her Mumw as 39, dad was a good 30 years older then the Mum. I have no idea how she copes- I think you and her are amazing!

onlyjoking Sun 25-Feb-07 23:34:24

it sounds hard for your mate, we are coping but it's the uncertainty that gets us down along with 3 kids with ASD, the irony is that i can't get carers allowance cos i get incapacity.

PeachyClair Sun 25-Feb-07 23:40:05

CA id crud, I can't get it because I go to Uni 10 hours a week, always in school hours. The course ids offcially full time but it isn't , I don't so anything when the boys are at home- I can't.

Do you get respite or anything like that?

onlyjoking Sun 25-Feb-07 23:46:44

we get 8 hours per month per child direct payments, but SW did say about increasing the hours, we will see
my twin girls did get four hours with a local family a while ago, but nothing else since

Nip Mon 26-Feb-07 09:22:54

Can i just say that i found this programme SO touching! I cried and cried and cried.

onlyjoking Mon 26-Feb-07 13:12:55

it was very touching in parts and sad and funny too, DH videoed it, he felt it was good and all the way throu he was seeing stuff that he does/has done, i am glad i watched it even thou it was scary wondering if DH will end up exactly the same

nikkie Mon 26-Feb-07 19:56:39

(((OJ))) Have read your threads but didn't realise how difficult the situation is
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now