Talk

Advanced search

Beware the Slenderman

(14 Posts)
Ilikedampcake Sat 28-Jan-17 00:24:27

Just watching this, I recorded it last night, so surreal can't quite decide if it's a real story or a weird spoof! I've read the creepiest thing to happen to me thread many times and I know he pops up a lot. Creepypasta seems to feature a lot in this programme too.

Ilikedampcake Sat 28-Jan-17 00:25:17

It was on Sky Atlantic by the way

Lorelei76 Sat 28-Jan-17 00:28:36

Ooh I had forgotten about this
Should be able to see it on Now TV I think
Wasn't it meant to be a documentary about it, i.e. What people say they've seen?

Not sure what Creepypasta means....or is it an MNer?

Ilikedampcake Sat 28-Jan-17 00:53:43

Creepypasta is a website full of horror stories from what I'm making out, with stories of the Slederman

Ilikedampcake Sat 28-Jan-17 00:54:13

Slenderman

ChocolateFuzz Sat 28-Jan-17 01:23:53

A creepypasta is any scary story that is spread around the Internet, it's a play on the word copypasta which is any other kind of story spread around the Internet. Copypasta is a play on copy paste which is the method used to share the stories

fuckingwall Sat 28-Jan-17 01:25:29

I want to watch this but will wait till daylight!

MakeItStopNeville Sat 28-Jan-17 01:48:27

Is this still going on?! Ds was Slenderman for Halloween about 6 years ago!

Lorelei76 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:25:50

So did you watch the whole documentary? I just saw it's nearly two hours....if it's a lot of shaky camera footage etc I might give it a miss.

Thanks for explaining re creepy pasta. I would never have figured out how they came up with that name grin

FaerieDusting Sat 28-Jan-17 20:30:00

I watched this earlier and found it quite interesting. Very sad for all involved though. They are not being tried until this year. And I have a feeling the one who didn't stab the girl may end up with a more harsher future than the one who did due to MH.

DesolateWaist Sat 28-Jan-17 20:31:53

Slenderman is very well document as utterly made up.
It started as a competition to make a really scary photoshopped picture.

Lorelei76 Sat 28-Jan-17 20:54:23

OP, I presume you mean you can't decide if the kids really believed it or just used it as an excuse?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 29-Jan-17 18:49:56

It's not creepy,it's a documentary about 2 girls who stabbed another and if they are tried as children or adults.

I've just watched it and am appalled at the judge's decision.

Ilikedampcake Fri 03-Feb-17 01:37:06

No Lorelei76, I meant that I couldn't quite decide if it was a genuine case or not because it seemed so bizarre. I was hoping it wasn't.... I admit I haven't finished watching it all yet though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: