Talk

Advanced search

Parenting for idiots! Thursday 2nd Febuary at 10pm

(10 Posts)
MusicToMyEars800 Fri 27-Jan-17 19:53:13

I think it looks like a good programme, anyone else looking forward to watching It? celebs talking honestly about parenting and what they expected from it grin

GeekyWombat Sun 12-Feb-17 21:13:02

Did anyone watch this? I can't find another thread but DH and I have just watched the first two episodes on All 4 and at points both of us were guffawing with laughter.

The talking heads are pretty good too - Carrie Fisher, Stephen Mangan, Jonathan Ross and, erm, Danny Dyer amongst others (he's actually quite funny though).

NancyDonahue Mon 13-Feb-17 13:34:30

I had high hopes but was bored by it. Maybe because my kids are older and I've heard it all before. Probably better for those just starting out.

GeekyWombat Mon 13-Feb-17 14:20:38

My DC are younger so it could be that. Although the random 'give a child to a childless person and then point and laugh at their ineptitude' was fast forwarded through in our house.

We are however totally stealing Stephen Mangan's 'burglar alarm sensors are Father Christmas' cameras to check for naughty children and when they're red he's watching' lie...

EachandEveryone Mon 13-Feb-17 14:25:10

I turned it off I can't stand the same old faces.

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:03:06

I enjoyed the first episode, but got bored with the second... which was a bit disappointing because it looked like it would be a good watch.

EachandEveryone Thu 16-Feb-17 09:50:29

I get bored when even my friends talk about babies for too long so I couldn't watch an actual programme where people are doing just that.

Graphista Sun 19-Feb-17 03:46:01

Just starting to watch on catch up, enjoying so far

Helz5552 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:58:25

I am the parent of a severely autistic and ADHD child, and a completely neurotypical child. These celebrities that are droning on about their children, and their experiences is bloody laughable. Sleep deprivation!! You don't know sleep deprivation until your autistic child has gone A MONTH AND HALF only having 2 hours a night. Write me when this happens and you're both holding down a full time job.

Graphista Sun 19-Feb-17 20:00:01

Well at least one of them on the show has a child that has Down syndrome and I think one has a child with Asperger need to check that one though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now