Talk

Advanced search

ARGH! Looks like I won't be able to watch Lost anymore...

(16 Posts)
paddingtonbear1 Fri 23-Feb-07 17:15:55

... due to a dispute between Sky and Virgin, which means Virgin are dropping Sky One. Bummer! Have watched every episode so far (except the last but one cos I didn't realise it had started again...)
wonder if I can download it from anywhere?

Piffle Fri 23-Feb-07 17:16:25

I live without it, you'll survive

paddingtonbear1 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:33:07

I know, it's just annoying having watched it this far! I was recording it for a friend who didn't have sky/cable anymore.. ah well.

coppertop Fri 23-Feb-07 22:40:33

No Stargate either.

sweetkitty Fri 23-Feb-07 22:46:05

download the episodes from one of those free sharing (and illegal I think) sites like Limewire

paddingtonbear1 Fri 23-Feb-07 22:50:21

ah come to mention it I think 2 guys at work get it from somewhere, they don't have sky 1 but I still hear them talking about it!

pastalady Fri 23-Feb-07 23:34:42

Have you got broad band and are you or your other half OK with techie stuff? We get ALL our stuff off the web. We are watching loads of fab series that you can't get in the UK and are on season 3 of Lost now. You can downloads these programmes using 'torrents'. You can setup your computer to download torrents efficiently and can use websites to search for the progammes, episodes or films. These sights often require you to be a member, although it's free, and they will gie you a rating and boot you off if take more than you give all the time - you get classed as a leacher. You have to have your computer open to upload the stuff you have downloaded so other people can get it quickly. Bit confusing, sorry for not explaing well.

If you think you might be able to set this up, I can recommend some torrent sites.

This way you dont have to be dependant on the TV companies.

pastalady Fri 23-Feb-07 23:36:53

DP has worked it out and got good advice from others and now we have got things set up so well, that we can pretty much get things the day and a half after they have been aired in the US. A typicl epsiode of Lost will take 30/40 mins to download once you have found the torrent.

Tortington Fri 23-Feb-07 23:37:33

limewire is shit and puts hea[s of spyware and shit on your puter.

if you are going to download which of course i am not advocating then use

bittorrent

google it.

i heard the next series is the last series as "it's not going anywhere"

paddingtonbear1 Sun 25-Feb-07 21:17:38

thanks pastalady & custardo, I'll look into it. I bet this is what the guys at work do!
We have 4mb broadband at the mo which should be ok. generally ok with tech stuff (dh is better!)

gegs73 Mon 26-Feb-07 10:34:27

Is this definely going ahead???? I thought it was just a possibility. If so I am GUTTED love Lost. Might as well get freeview if I don't have Sky One

MerlinsBeard Mon 26-Feb-07 10:47:53

i heard there was going to be another 2 series

PinkTulips Mon 26-Feb-07 10:48:35

limewire has the latest episodes as soon as they're shown in the states

paddingtonbear1 Mon 26-Feb-07 13:20:43

gegs73 it sounds like it is going ahead. Although, in all the ad breaks last night, they were trying to get Virgin Media viewers to ring in and lobby them (Virgin) to keep Sky channels! They of course neglected to say that they were trying to charge lots more money for them!! So if they did keep them, would that mean we were charged more for our tv package?!

fannyannie Mon 26-Feb-07 14:48:09

I asked DH what he wanted to do as he watches 24......his answer was quite simple......he'll buy the latest series on DVD when they come out .

goingfor3 Mon 26-Feb-07 14:52:19

pastalady - you do realise most torrents are illegal?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: