Talk

Advanced search

silent witness tonight...

(108 Posts)
WalkthroughtheYulelogfire Mon 16-Jan-17 21:22:41

Who is playing the mum? I recognise her face and it's driving me mad! IMDB yielding no results

IvorHughJarrs Mon 16-Jan-17 21:24:55

Is it Sarah Smart? I've been wondering too

WalkthroughtheYulelogfire Mon 16-Jan-17 21:36:16

Yes, Sarah Smart. Thank you

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 16-Jan-17 22:00:17

Can someone explain to me how they all managed to get to Charing Cross in the matter of moments?

missyB1 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:01:47

Who is the detective? What other show do I know her from?

ImLadybird Mon 16-Jan-17 22:30:36

Years ago she played a teenage daughter in that brilliant drama when the mum , Amanda Redman, won the lottery but didn't tel anyone. She was married to Peter Davidson. Can't remember what it was called but it was ace! This actress was brilliant

Haudyerwheesht Mon 16-Jan-17 22:32:04

missy I think she used to be in Coronation street?

Used2bthin Mon 16-Jan-17 22:32:15

At home with the Braithwaites?

Snap8TheCat Mon 16-Jan-17 22:33:27

At home with the Braithwaites.

Haudyerwheesht Mon 16-Jan-17 22:34:02

The mum of the Ruth for used to be At home with the braithwaites many moons ago.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 16-Jan-17 22:36:40

Never mind the Braithwaites...

How did they get to bloody Charing Cross in 0.8 seconds? How?

Haudyerwheesht Mon 16-Jan-17 22:41:00

I'd imagine they did it by using the same luck which is bestowed upon them every wrek by the body being marked / tainted / contaminated with a very specific clue.

missyB1 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:05:15

My husband cant get over the fact that the pathologists seemed to think they are detectives and run round after criminals!

braceybracegirl Tue 17-Jan-17 20:04:52

Isn't it on tonight?

Tightarseinleggings Tue 17-Jan-17 20:28:33

missy its Eva Pope. Hardly recognised her.

Tightarseinleggings Tue 17-Jan-17 20:28:58

On tomorrow cos of the football angry

braceybracegirl Tue 17-Jan-17 20:55:04

Thank you. Why does the football take priority. Pisses me off.

SauvignonBlanche Tue 17-Jan-17 21:11:16

Bloody football! angry

Raahh Tue 17-Jan-17 21:51:28

Argh!! I didn't realise this wasn't on tonight, and just decided to start watching it (as I thought I was recording it angry).
Bloody football, indeed.

And no Holby either.

MiscellaneousAssortment Thu 19-Jan-17 11:48:21

Anyone mind explaining what actually happened in the second part of Remembrance? I got so confused about what exactly happened and why?

Sorry, I have revealed my dumb side here, totally confused!

braceybracegirl Thu 19-Jan-17 19:39:37

I didn't really follow it either. It was the brother but not sure why?

Haudyerwheesht Thu 19-Jan-17 19:41:11

The older brother of Aaron had murdered

* his and Aaron's mum (because she was on drugs)
* Ruth (because I think she knew him and her mum were having an affair)
* the man in the warehouse bit (because he knew too much)
* Lorna (not really sure why tbh!)

MiscellaneousAssortment Thu 19-Jan-17 21:25:54

Ooh ok thank you!

It really didn't hang together very well, it seemed to lack that sense of a shift in perspective shedding light on everything. It just turned out that the other brother was the bad guy and bam, roll credits!

I got that the brother killed his mother, though it felt like the 'she was going to leave us' explanation came from nowhere... but the others, no idea why it all happened.

Makes more sense that the girl was murderd because she knew about the affair... except how did that happen? She walks out angry from the party... and what? No idea how that whole thing happened. Why was it then she got murdered?

Then what did the nurdered guy see / hear that made him a threat? And again how did the killer brother find out and what tipped him over the edge that time?

And why did the second girl get killed? And how did the mothers prints end up where the first girls body was stashed?

Not terribly satisfactory conclusion after all that!

Jaytee38 Fri 20-Jan-17 02:48:39

So the murdered guy recognised the photo the girl had sent him and assumed it linked to something.

Ruth mothers prints were there on tbe couch as I thought it showed an was sleeping with Ben there. That was near a hatch where Ruth's body must have been.

Second girl maybe got killed as she saw Ben trying to move Ruth's body.

Lots of twists.

I thought the mother played the part badly. Awful face pulling and stance noises 🤐

2rebecca Fri 20-Jan-17 14:40:14

I couldn't be bothered with this one. I found Sarah Smart intensely irritating and Nikki now spends so little time doing her actual job as a pathologist it's laughable. The bodies must be piling up awaiting PMs. If the BBC just want another police drama why pretend it's about pathologists?
It's no longer about clever pathology and just about unbelievable plot twists where the most unlikely candidate is the culprit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now