Talk

Advanced search

The First Dates Hotel

(9 Posts)
EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Mon 16-Jan-17 16:31:34

www.channel4.com/programmes/first-dates-hotel

Has anyone else been watching? I saw the first two episodes and really enjoyed them. Episode three of six is on at 10pm tonight, channel 4.

girlelephant Mon 16-Jan-17 17:05:24

I love it! Episode 2 was particularly good

Cherrypie32 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:14:53

I enjoy this but I'm not sure what it brings to the format which is great anyway. Change of scenery and a bit more time together if it goes well but a long way to go for a shit date.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Tue 17-Jan-17 11:48:25

I like the change of scene. The hotel looks lovely and the surrounding countryside is beautiful. The storm last night was quite impressive smile

I think it seems a bit more intimate somehow as you see less of the other daters in the background and I like the receptionist.

Julie and Dave's stories last night were touching. How her first husband died and his triple heart bypass. I hope they stay in touch as friends. Sharlene and Daniel seemed to make a good couple and hopefully something works out for them. The other two younger couples did well too, so the episode had a decent feel good factor. I like how they genuinely try and set up people who are going to get on and don't go for the wind up or drama factor like so many other shows, I mean all the time, not just when they've gone to France.

Only1scoop Tue 17-Jan-17 12:29:17

I'll be watching smile

Only1scoop Tue 17-Jan-17 12:29:39

Even if just to see my Fred

Delatron Tue 17-Jan-17 13:59:27

I love Fred...

I think I prefer the restaurant setting, with the hotel there is too much pressure I think..Also more chance of a holiday fling than actually arranging to meet again and follow it up.

I much prefer the older couples and root for them if they seem well suited. It's like their final chance for love!

Younger couples I kind of think they could just meet someone in a bar and even if they get together it won't last but that's me being cynical.

Loved Sharlene and Daniel last night, they seemed well suited and had such a laugh together.

Really wanted Julie and Dave to get together as he seemed lovely and very fond of her, I was slightly gutted she only wanted to be friends with him!

NormaSmuff Tue 17-Jan-17 22:50:41

i was worried that whathisname who posed nude and was so keen on Cats was hiding his campness,

bonfireheart Wed 18-Jan-17 22:35:48

Camp Cat guy and Quirky Posh girl are still together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now