Talk

Advanced search

Endeavour

(7 Posts)
CrotchetQuaverMinim Sun 15-Jan-17 22:12:28

Did anyone get the end of tonight's Endeavour?

I think I've forgotten something from last series as I'm not sure quite what the whole storyline with Thursday's daughter is. (Joan?)

Was Morse seeing her/was one of them interested and not the other?

Where has she gone, and do her parents or Morse not know? Why did she leave?

Then when he gets the phone call at the end - why did he throw the phone? She gave him some sort of message? She hung up? It was bad new about her from someone else?

thanks for any explanations

TheFirstLastKiss Sun 15-Jan-17 22:23:08

Oh I have all the same questions! I hope someone comes along with answers.
I didn't think I'd missed anything but I obviously have confused

polarbearshuffle Sun 15-Jan-17 22:30:04

I've just been googling to try and work out what had happened! Glad it's not just me! I read that Joan Thursday was involved in a bank robbery (as in a victim of) and left Oxford because of the it. I can't really remember the bank robbery tho confused

eddiemairswife Sun 15-Jan-17 22:31:15

I think she just hung up without saying anything. It was a strange ending though.

polarbearshuffle Sun 15-Jan-17 22:31:16

Also didn't they have lots of chemistry but nothing actually happened? Or am I making that up?

CrotchetQuaverMinim Sun 15-Jan-17 22:55:34

Oh I remember the bank robbery now that I've googled. And that she was upset. I don't remember her leaving though. Or why Thursday is off-and-on pissed off with Morse, kind of blaming him but not. And I couldn't remember whether they'd actually got together ever, sort of seemed like chemistry between them.

I wondered from Morse's facial expression and the length of time of the call whether something was being said that we weren't hearing (which is unusual, as often you'd hear the other person as an audio thing), or whether he was just listening to silence. And how did he know it was her, if he really had no idea where she'd gone, as he obviously clocked it must have been her once he remembered about Leamington Spa.

And then he seemed very upset at her saying nothing, enough to throw the phone, when if he was upset about her leaving, or missing her, or worried for her safety, then you'd think we'd have seen some sign of that, or discussions between him and Thursday, or him investigating, or something!

Or maybe he threw the phone because he's annoyed at her not calling her parents because he can see how much it upsets her dad, whom he really respects and cares for, rather than having a particular interest in her..? Not quite as interesting that way though.

Pranma Mon 16-Jan-17 14:11:33

I think that if he had said "Joan?" rather than "Miss Thursday?" he might have got a different response. When she left the impression was that she was wanting him to express his feelings for here but he was too inhibited and shy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now