Talk

Advanced search

I'm on to season 3 of The Good Wife but getting bored.... Is it worth continuing?

(15 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Sat 14-Jan-17 10:28:42

I loved it at the start but halfway through season 3 I'm growing a little bored and increasingly irritated with Alicia's character hmm She's so bloody self righteous and her slow turn to the darker side while holding on to her holier-than-thou demeanor is bugging me.

Is it worth continuing or will it just get worse? I have a few other boxset lined up to watch (including The Night Manager grin ) so don't want to waste loads of time watching something that will mostly annoy me.

Ciutadella Sat 14-Jan-17 10:29:59

Remind us what's happened so far in season 3? As i remember it's a very 'good' season so if you're bored now that may not change!

ThomasHardyPerennial Sat 14-Jan-17 10:33:54

It gets worse, I'd give up now if I had the chance again! The storylines are ridiculously repetitive as the series goes on, and I had zero empathy left for Alicia.

HughLauriesStubble Sat 14-Jan-17 10:37:37

Just had a look there and I'm actually near the end of season 3, not the middle. It's at the stage where Will has been suspended and they've appointed the old guy in his place to stop fighting. Alicia has negotiated her salary rise and Jackie has out bidder her for her old house.

I could relate to Alicia's character in the beginning but not anymore.

Ciutadella Sat 14-Jan-17 10:39:56

I do agree that Alicia becomes less appealing as the seasons go on! And there is a lot of it to watch if you're not enjoying it - if you add up the total number of hours it is a bit scary. Having said that, I found it entertaining right up until the last episode.

Lilaclily Sat 14-Jan-17 10:40:34

Oh I love it , it definitely gets better and is worth carrying on

Ciutadella Sat 14-Jan-17 10:41:54

Ah, cross posted. Well, if you were enjoying it now then I would say there are many good episodes to come. But if not, the Night Manager is very gripping !

HughLauriesStubble Sat 14-Jan-17 10:49:59

Hmm I might stick it out til the middle of season 4 and see how I feel then. I think maybe they should have waited until later to put the unconvincing relationship with Will in, that's when I started going off her a bit.

I do enjoy the cases and find the more humorous characters like Eli very enjoyable though grin

HughLauriesStubble Sat 14-Jan-17 10:50:42

And yes, can't wait to watch The Night Manager! grin

ThomasHardyPerennial Sat 14-Jan-17 11:12:28

I never really got the fuss about Will/Alicia, maybe that's why I found it so annoying grin!

Champers4Pampers Sat 14-Jan-17 13:05:58

It does get better again, although I found the last season a bit of a disappointment.

HughLauriesStubble Sun 15-Jan-17 15:57:02

I don't get the fuss about Will, full stop! Fair enough, he's kind of handsome (in a weird geeky way) but by god, I find him bland and tame! so far anyway Yet he always has a woman hanging off him confused He's like the Good Wife's Max Branning ffs!

SapphireStrange Mon 16-Jan-17 13:28:19

I didn't like Will either. But I'd say stick with it. I've watched the whole thing and overall thought it was excellent.

I quite like that Alicia becomes less 'good' as the series goes on!

midsomermurderess Mon 16-Jan-17 19:35:37

I think it has its longeurs but I would definitely stick with it. I think Alicia does become harder, less willing to please, as it goes on but I rather like that.

TheRealKimmySchmidt63 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:00:36

Stick with it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now