Talk

Advanced search

Stranger Things question

(23 Posts)
dailymaillazyjournos Fri 06-Jan-17 19:39:58

If I love X Files and good paranormal films is it worth paying for Netflix only to watch Stranger Things? I had a free trial a while ago before Stranger Things started so I'm not entitled to another one. If this is all I think I will watch (don't like most things other people seem to like on TV) is it daft to cough up just for this? I'm trying to watch my budget at the moment but am soooo bored in the evenings at the moment.

nancy75 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:41:30

It's way better than x files, can you do Netflix just for a month then cancel? We watched it in a couple of evenings ( we love binge viewing blush)

Anasnake Fri 06-Jan-17 19:42:21

Stranger Things is amazing !!!

Hidihihidiho Fri 06-Jan-17 19:42:25

Can you not just set up another email address to get another free trial?

I would say it's worth it and I DONT normally like paranormal things! Pay for a month; watch it then cancel it.... till season 2 comes out!

Enb76 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:47:04

I enjoyed it - other things you might like are iZombie, 3% (Brazilian thing), Glitch, Black Mirror and more. If you were only going to watch Stranger Things then that's a lot of cash for 1 TV programme. Have to say that there's masses on Netfilx and some really good stuff and some seriously crap stuff

Jonsnowsghost Fri 06-Jan-17 19:49:57

It's so good! Plus there's a second series being made so if you enjoy it you can keep Netflix...

Agree with black mirror and also American Horror story is quite good

bloodymaria Fri 06-Jan-17 19:51:53

Yy black mirror, also dirk gently's.

Stranger things is seriously good by itself though. You can definitely watch it in a month.

tweedledid Fri 06-Jan-17 19:56:22

Is it still available on Netflix at the moment? I've watched it once but fancied it again and couldn't find it confused

CoffeeAndEnnui Fri 06-Jan-17 19:57:06

Definitely worth it for a month. And I would echo that you'll very likely enjoy several (if not all) of the episodes of Black Mirror, each of which is a stand alone story.

In addition there are some stunning documentaries and films on offer right now. Which I have to admire from afar because my gigantic, shiny, distressingly hi tech, Samsung television (gift) inexplicably shuns Netflix.

dailymaillazyjournos Fri 06-Jan-17 19:59:56

Thank you everyone. Please could someone do me a favour and check that the whole of Series 1 of ST is still available? If it is I will go for it along with the other recommendations.

Jonsnowsghost Fri 06-Jan-17 20:12:15

Still on mine smile

dailymaillazyjournos Fri 06-Jan-17 20:17:34

Jonsnow thanks for that. Right, I'm going to join. I can't afford to do anything but go for a walk or two over the weekend so a month's membership will give me something good to watch as well as be a much cheaper option than going out to eat, cinema etc.

BellMcEnd Fri 06-Jan-17 20:24:27

Stranger Things is brilliant! DH and I loved it and we're right fussy

dailymaillazyjournos Fri 06-Jan-17 20:42:55

BellMcEnd Good to know. Virtually everything that other people seem to rave about like Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Black Is The New Orange, The Killing etc, I just couldn't watch for some reason. So from a fellow fussy viewer it's a good recommendation smile

tweedledid Fri 06-Jan-17 22:30:21

Scratch what I said. It's on and I'm rewatching!

dailymaillazyjournos Fri 06-Jan-17 22:54:28

Well, I've watched episodes 1 and 2 and am totally hooked. You were right. It's so good!

BellMcEnd Sat 07-Jan-17 07:15:20

Daily me too!! I watched one episode of GoT and Breaking Bad - that was more than enough! I so wanted to like GoT but it was too violent for me <wuss>.

So glad that you like Stranger Things. There's a second series in the pipeline smile

Enb76 Sat 07-Jan-17 09:48:42

GoT and Breaking Bad are relentlessly miserable - I don't get the hype either.

dailymaillazyjournos Sat 07-Jan-17 10:56:06

Glad I'm not the only ones who couldn't cope with GoT or BB. I can't cope with the gratuitous violence. And BB, well there are enough druggies on my estate. I can watch the deliveries out the window if I need to.

I now have to stop myself watching all of Stranger Things this weekend!

dailymaillazyjournos Sun 08-Jan-17 00:33:01

I've finished the entire series in 24 hours! It was the best thing I think I've ever seen on TV! OMG.

CoffeeAndEnnui Mon 09-Jan-17 20:27:20

That's so funny. My best friend did the exact same thing. I twisted her arm to watch it so I (4 episodes in) could have someone on my wavelength to discuss it with...

The cow burned through it all in a day and was banned from taking to me about it for 3 weeks until I had time to curl up and finish itsmile

dailymaillazyjournos Tue 10-Jan-17 13:41:55

Coffee I'm with your friend. I couldn't stop myself from watching the lot. Even though I really wanted to ration myself to one epi a night. I'm v cross now as I can't find anything else on netflix I want to watch. Tried a few things but can't get into them. It really is a flipping good watch.

bobbinpop Tue 10-Jan-17 13:43:09

Yes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now