Talk

Advanced search

Spies! Anyone watching?

(9 Posts)
RainbowHash Thu 05-Jan-17 22:00:53

Just to say am loving this. Can't work out if I'd be a great spy or an utterly terrible one. Just want to walk around for a while talking into my sleeve. Because obviously that's all you do if you're a real spy!

Panicmode1 Fri 06-Jan-17 16:43:53

I gave up. Thought it was dreadful!!

poghogger Sat 07-Jan-17 08:56:10

I watched it and thought it was hilarious, some of them on the spying task in Brixton were SO obvious, practically rustling in the bushes.

Also that poor woman on the 2nd task who got her spy name wrong "hi I'm bev, I mean BETH" and then declared how much she liked bacon when she met someone from Denmark. CRINGE.

LunaLoveg00d Sat 07-Jan-17 11:15:40

I saw it too - thought I'd make a great spy! I'm good at chatting to random strangers and finding out about them, and did a presentation skills training course once when on the last morning the trainers sprung a surprise on us - we were given a randomly selected topic to speak about for 3 minutes with about 30 seconds preparation time. I'm good at thinking on my feet and managed to be fairly convincing.

I'm also very average height, weight and apperance and would not stand out in a crowd

poghogger Sat 07-Jan-17 11:28:57

Oh god I'd be terrible, I'd be like Beth/bev.

iklboo Thu 12-Jan-17 21:17:33

I think I've got one of those faces. People just tell me things - even personal stuff - within a few hours or couple of meetings. Even the bosses as work tell me stuff 'don't say anything to anyone yet, but...'

Call me Jane Bond 😉

Snowflake65 Sat 14-Jan-17 08:35:21

I've just watched this on catch up. I'm finding it fascinating.

I think I'd be a good spy, people tell me all manner of stuff, I can cope with sleep deprivation and I'm good at remembering random stuff.

girlelephant Sat 14-Jan-17 08:37:35

I think it's so interesting. However quite shocked at how badly some of the contestants have performed i.e. Going to the wrong tube station and that almost all shot the gun.

I wonder if it's the pressure of the recruitment and selection process or that combined with being filmed for tv?

iklboo Thu 19-Jan-17 21:47:10

MASSIVE clanger dropped by cocky boy there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now