Talk

Advanced search

Eden

(5 Posts)
Buscake Thu 05-Jan-17 08:33:25

Did anyone watch this back in the summer? A year long project about building a community somewhere in Scotland. They said it would return in autumn, but nothing came about from it. I googled and saw it all seems to be falling apart, but what about the people taking part? What's happened to them? And surely the producers could still make a programme about the dissolution of the small society they set up? Anyone else left wondering?

Buscake Thu 05-Jan-17 08:37:49

www.thenational.scot/comment/14993618.Shona_Craven__Channel_4_s_Eden_is_no_genesis_for_a_productive_civilisation/

Just found this article which articulates how messed up it became. I guess no one knows if/when it will come back. They still showed 50000bc even when everyone was literally starving, so am surprised this has been such a screw up

Pogolphin Thu 05-Jan-17 18:08:53

I rather liked it!

brokentoaster Thu 05-Jan-17 18:34:58

I hope it comes back. I would love to know how they've coped with it all. That group of guys became so arrogant and bullish - be interesting to see how that panned out. Bloody big waste of effort and money if it all fizzles out without at least one update programme.

IWantATardis Sat 07-Jan-17 22:14:00

I'd also like to see what happens, even if it does turn out to be going wrong you'd think they could make a programme out of it,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: