Talk

Advanced search

Silent witness

(29 Posts)
braceybracegirl Tue 03-Jan-17 21:27:40

Anyone watching? It's pretty disturbing.

PrincessWizard Tue 03-Jan-17 21:31:13

I'm behind (forgot it was on) and have just started watching part one. That DCI reminds me of Prince William!

Nikki wardrobe envy as ever

braceybracegirl Tue 03-Jan-17 22:00:18

Ooh it is quite good.

BubbleFairy Wed 04-Jan-17 18:54:46

I watched, and enjoyed it. But tbh I don't concentrate as much any more - it's very much turned into a programme to watch whilst working. But this weeks was good, topical and harrowing in places.

Famalam13 Thu 05-Jan-17 19:14:08

Catching up with episode 2 now. So harrowing sad Close to tears here.

OverAndAbove Thu 05-Jan-17 22:57:23

I found this one really shocking. When they opened the van at the end of the first part and then they did the flashbacks with each of the bodies sad

I also don't find them as gripping as I used to, generally. But this one got me thinking and was quite informative really

diddl Sat 07-Jan-17 14:29:12

Harrowing?

Oh dear, I've only got as far as the finger arriving at the lab in ep1 & have had enough already!

And it gets worse?

BubbleFairy Tue 10-Jan-17 09:14:57

Watching last nights now on catch up - eeeew at the post mortem

ArchiesMamaBird Tue 10-Jan-17 09:19:14

@BubbleFairy when they peeled the skin from her neck back onto her face shock

BubbleFairy Tue 10-Jan-17 09:22:44

And now from her head to drill in. Bleurgh.

FeralBeryl Tue 10-Jan-17 09:30:54

I've been bingeing on SW this week (got a firestick for Christmas grin)
I actually watched the very first episode last night. It was hilarious to compare with the current series. Everyone was smoking - including going in to the viewing gallery to watch the post mortem-which was a bunch of chairs in the same room behind a small barrier. Acting seemed really hammy too.
Ooh you've come a long way SW....

BubbleFairy Tue 10-Jan-17 09:34:00

Was that with Amanda thingey?

FeralBeryl Tue 10-Jan-17 09:37:44

Yep - Amanda Burton. She'd just got the job.
It was all just so unrealistic. But back then, the majority of us wouldn't have known that.
I then skipped to a further episode with Leo and Harry working with her-Leo had loads of dark brown hair grin
And Harry was no older than 15, he's aged very well he has....
Am waiting until tonight to watch the two new episodes together, I'm too impatient to wait a whole day for answers.

JanuaryMoods Tue 10-Jan-17 09:41:25

I miss Harry and Leo, not so keen on the new team.

MoreThanUs Tue 10-Jan-17 09:42:25

I thought DC looked like prince William too!
Loving Emilia's wardrobe, but you'd need the small frame to carry most of them off.
Found first set very disturbing. It's a reminder that 1 personal situation is often more challenging than large numbers of 'faceless' people.
Love the northern Irish guy (sorry - crap with names) - not enough of him in these episodes.

BubbleFairy Tue 10-Jan-17 09:45:34

Harry and Leo were brilliant. I know Leo died, but did Harry? I know he left (under cover?) At one point and him and Emilia fox's character had a thing, but what happened to him after that?

Dulra Tue 10-Jan-17 09:49:13

Thought last nights episode was very good. Interested to see where it goes tonight. The Post mortem scenes were euughhh. I kept wondering what it's like for the actors playing the dead bodies with all your wares on show and people poking at you. I hope they are paid well hmm

iknowimcoming Tue 10-Jan-17 09:53:14

I loved Harry and Leo, but I rather like Jack blush and I love Clarissa! I'm not normally squeamish but when they tilted her neck to examine the gash, and y y to peeling the skin back <faints>

FeralBeryl Tue 10-Jan-17 09:55:55

Harry got a Professor job in New York - that's why we inherited Jack from Norn Iron to replace him as eye candy. Failed imo, I loved the Harry/Nikki will they won't they aspects.
Ooh and also - Janet (Leo's ex) was in a really episode as a police officer. I may write to Points of View grin

BubbleFairy Tue 10-Jan-17 10:20:05

Wasn't Leo's ex the actress who now plays Elle in Casualty as well?

FeralBeryl Tue 10-Jan-17 12:05:37

Yes, she gets around that one!

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 10-Jan-17 21:13:21

So in Discovery how is Alex related to the family? Brother of wife?

BubbleWrapQueen Tue 10-Jan-17 21:31:04

Yes, Alec is wife's brother I think. And looks like dad is guilty of something

Surely the police would know be would run, and not have so many sirens going mental?!?

BubbleWrapQueen Tue 10-Jan-17 21:31:26

Missed that, was that Lucy's running stuff dad just put in the fire?

DozyDorissimo Tue 10-Jan-17 22:32:38

Too many names and too many faces to put them to! Confused most of the time tonight. Didn't get the bit really about airbags and whether that was a side line and nothing to do with the murders....

why was the first girl killed?

I think it's gone downhill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now