Talk

Advanced search

Memoirs of Sons & Daughters

(22 Posts)
Bucketsofdynomite Wed 21-Feb-07 11:03:02

Anyone remember this fabby Australian soap? A real forerunner to the downright daft Sunset Beach type of soap.

Did it have Cornelia Francis (Morag Stewart)in it too or did I imagine it? Wasn't she married to Gordon with the droopy moustache?

Evil Patricia 'died', came back with a new head and name then the original actress turned up as a doppelganger in prison!

Evil Wayne was just fantastically evil (think he may even have had an eviler twin too).

Mad old bag Fiona that used to be a famously beautiful courtesan and lived in an old brothel (with secret treasure in it).

Charlie with the stupid voice and little dog called Isabella.

themaskedposter Wed 21-Feb-07 11:22:32

ahh yes!! Loved it ... was wonderfully bizaare.

Now, do you remember the other early aussie soap 'The Young Doctors' - with Dr. Forrester (who was then Jim in Neighbours), Ada on the kiosk (busy body), Cornelia Francis as the marvellous Sister Grace Scott, dishy Dr Holland and of course the odd evil twin or two for good measure!

hmm - I think Cornelia Francis has been in almost all the oz soaps ... except Neighbours ...

ginnedupmummy Wed 21-Feb-07 12:10:56

Message withdrawn

treacletart Wed 21-Feb-07 12:21:29

I used to like the Sullivans when I was off school

2shoes Wed 21-Feb-07 12:29:14

I loved sons and daughters it was brill
And yes she is now morag. and wayne became aomeone in neighbours.....phil

themaskedposter Wed 21-Feb-07 18:57:55

lol ginnedupmummy ...
just got back from NZ and Shortland Street is still going strong - even managed to 'kinda' get hooked on it again whilst there!! oh the shame ...

coppertop Wed 21-Feb-07 19:04:49

My mum used to tape S&D for me while I was at school. Alison Carr was possibly the ugliest woman on television and looked like a frog. No-one ever explained how Patricia's plastic surgery to turn her into AC also made her shrink by several inches.

Lucycat Wed 21-Feb-07 19:10:43

Much more of a Young Dotors fan here. I only lived 5 minutes from school (poor OO had to get a bus to the other side of town!)I could be home for 3.20 when it started witha nice Cup-a-Soup.

ahem good website here including the feem toon.

Lucycat Wed 21-Feb-07 19:12:47

omg the actress that played Dr Robyn Porter (Joy Chambers) is married in real life to Reg Grundy

Moomin Wed 21-Feb-07 19:14:21

sons and daughters
love and laughter
tears of sadness...
... and happiness

Moomin Wed 21-Feb-07 19:14:59

Saw a stag night out once where they all dressed as Young Doctors. V.funny

Lucycat Wed 21-Feb-07 19:20:22

although this website is even better

coppertop Wed 21-Feb-07 19:21:15

For S&D fans

2shoes Wed 21-Feb-07 19:42:49

i never knew that the actor who played elilsa was in both that and H&A

wheresthehamster Wed 21-Feb-07 19:49:41

Do you remember the man in S & D who raped Jill who used to live with Fiona?

He came back as Susan's new husband in Neighbours then died.

ginnedupmummy Wed 21-Feb-07 19:50:31

Message withdrawn

themaskedposter Wed 21-Feb-07 19:51:36

ahh yes! thanks wheresthehamster!! I knew I knew him from somewhere, but couldn't quite remember!!

Ahhhh - love the Aussie soaps

wheresthehamster Wed 21-Feb-07 20:01:09

Yes, it annoyed me for ages till I remembered!

I have to confess I actually used to record this programme during the week and savour all the episodes at the weekend! Also bought two of the books. Saddo.

Bucketsofdynomite Thu 22-Feb-07 09:48:15

Thanks Coppertop, I've been trying to remember the name of the Caroline Morrell character for years, she was a great villain and hilarious actress (called simply 'Abigail' LOL). Apparently she was Australia's number 1 undisputed sex symbol in the 70s.

2shoesisdavessister Thu 22-Feb-07 10:08:54

here

2shoesisdavessister Thu 22-Feb-07 10:10:03

here

coppertop Thu 22-Feb-07 11:23:49

Wasn't Caroline/Abigail the one with seriously big hair?

I hadn't even realised that Alex in Neighbours was Terry from S&D.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now