Talk

Advanced search

Madness of Modern Families had MNHQ Carrie on it!!

(125 Posts)
princessmel Tue 20-Feb-07 19:32:07

Or maybe it was Justine?

I love that programme. Its very funny. Its like Mn on tv.

foxtrot Tue 20-Feb-07 20:58:56

Which one was she?
I loved the chap at the end pretending to be McD's LOL

hatjam Tue 20-Feb-07 21:03:48

i think she was the beautiful preggie one in the red velvet dress.

zephyrcat Tue 20-Feb-07 21:04:50

What channel/time is that on?

hatjam Tue 20-Feb-07 21:16:19

it's all over now, i'm afraid. it was a 6 part series looking at different topics relations to parenting/hyperparenting - but in a lighthearted, self-ironic way. it started off at 8.30 on tuesdays bbc2, but the beeb, in their wisdom, moved it forward to 7.00 - a terrible time for most parents, i'd have thought. you can still buy the book, however, which is utterly fantastic (hemhem - i wrote it), or leave a comment on the blog

foxtrot Tue 20-Feb-07 21:33:01

i remember the dress but not her face, the dress was lovely

expatinscotland Tue 20-Feb-07 21:34:48

That's still on?

I watched it once and I thought all those people were actors.

hatjam Tue 20-Feb-07 21:42:17

no - they were not actors. one or two were borderline recognisable - john o'farrell probably best known, but he was there is his capacity as parent and author of a very funny book novel on the same theme, 'may contain nuts'. they were just parents who didn't mind taking the mickey out of themselves.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 20-Feb-07 21:45:28

I watched it once and thought they should change the title to "then madness of modern meedja types and their families" I didn't recognise any of the comments.

Tamum Tue 20-Feb-07 21:50:54

They were so clearly all making up a load of nonsense so they could be on telly though, or so it seemed. Tiresome show offs(although I never saw carrie, I'm sure she wouldn't have been).

hatjam Tue 20-Feb-07 21:54:33

i think it's one of those things that either you get or you don't get. i personally thought it was very funny indeed - and i was able to relate to a lot of it.
what i find odd is that some people who don't get it are very hostile and dismissive towards the people who appeared in it. weird!

Tamum Tue 20-Feb-07 22:00:56

I'm certainly not hostile- I don't care enough for that. Just found it tiresome when I expected it to be at least mildly funny. Horses for courses I suppose.

pointydog Tue 20-Feb-07 22:01:39

Like you, senora. I could not relate to any of the comments or any of the people.

expatinscotland Tue 20-Feb-07 22:02:30

See, that's why I thought they were actors, because it just seemed made up tomfoolery and totally unreal.

I only watched it the once, though.

That was enough.

hatjam Tue 20-Feb-07 22:10:05

blimey - lucky you - not being able to relate to tales of capricious toddler appetities or of trying to sneak vegetables into a child's meals by stealth! i was aaaaall about that for years!

expatinscotland Tue 20-Feb-07 22:11:28

I only saw the one about schools. It just seemed made up and London-centric, and London may as well be on the moon as far as I'm concerned.

After that, I didn't bother watching.

jampot Tue 20-Feb-07 22:12:50

IIRC carrie has longhair and is pretty

Justine has short hair and is pretty

I thought carrie was a tax exile or something now or was that just a wild rumour?

pointydog Tue 20-Feb-07 22:16:18

I saw one about competitive extra curricular clubs and driving around the whole time.

I could relate to none of it, no. I don't know people like that. I have never had those thoughts or feelings. And I thought a few of the people were fairly inarticulate. Two men in particular.

AitchTwoOh Tue 20-Feb-07 22:16:50

it was a big old soapy tit-wank about the perils of parenting in London and being a twat.
[yawn]

pointydog Tue 20-Feb-07 22:18:03

oh you said it so much better, aitch

expatinscotland Tue 20-Feb-07 22:18:57

Yeah, that's pretty much the sentiment I took away from the one episode I saw, Aitch.

Every time I see stuff like this I think about chucking the TV out the window rather than continue to pay the BBC for their continued London-centric drivel.

BORING!

AitchTwoOh Tue 20-Feb-07 22:19:39

well i am a tv critic, i do know about these things...

Tinker Tue 20-Feb-07 22:20:14

Caught the end of the extra-curricular activities one and teh stupid woman going on about how mundane it would be to have kids who just wanted to go to the park. Or maybe she was being ironic

hatjam Tue 20-Feb-07 22:22:06

hmmm - see what i mean about the hostility? very interesting ...

expatinscotland Tue 20-Feb-07 22:23:19

What, we're supposed to all be thrilled we're fed this continual pile of rubbish from the BBC when we're paying more and more to fund their programming?

They're a bunch of biased - and often downright bigoted - twits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now