Talk

Advanced search

Calling The Walking Dead fans - will it get better?

(18 Posts)
ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Tue 20-Dec-16 13:43:11

After much hype, we watched S1 E1&2 the other night.

Don't get me wrong, it was good - gory, thrilling, entertaining. But, is that it?

To me, it was more like a zombie movie that would end soon. How can it go on like that for all these seasons? I'm going to get fed up of that pretty soon.

Is it just the main guy (I forget his name - the 'Love Actually' guy) running away from zombies?

gamerchick Tue 20-Dec-16 13:48:06

Give it the first season and then decide. If it hasn't grabbed you at the end of that then it probably won't.

Ep 3 did it for me grin

Falalalafffffffttt Tue 20-Dec-16 13:50:51

Oh my goodness, you are so lucky. You get to watch it all for the very first time! It gets soooo much better - I was a bit meh at first too. Stick with it. And the Love Actually guy's name is Rick Grimes. He's badass.

gamerchick Tue 20-Dec-16 13:51:02

And no it's not just about running away from zombies.

ChocolateBubbleBarsmakemefat Tue 20-Dec-16 13:54:43

Season 2 was my favourite season. Pay attention in S1 as details you find out come back into play later down the line.

Enjoy

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Tue 20-Dec-16 20:46:13

Thanks all. That's decided then. I'll stick it out grin

cushioncovers Wed 21-Dec-16 01:02:13

Series 2 was my favourite, still is. Keep with op and see what you think by the end of this series

DixieNormas Wed 21-Dec-16 02:00:19

I love it but its not for everyone, id give it more time though!

Beautifullymixed Thu 22-Dec-16 22:31:19

I've just watched up to the last episode in season 7. We started season 1 half way through September, finished yesterday, and I'm bereft. Totally.
I am a tad zombie obsessed, but fell in love with the characters. The series just draws you in, and keeps on entertaining.
My favourite character is Daryl, although I love Rick and Michone.
I will miss the show daily, until the new episodes come out. Not quite sure what to do with myself now.......

BiscuitCapitalOfTheWorld Thu 22-Dec-16 22:33:11

Yes.

gamerchick Thu 22-Dec-16 23:09:24

You wait until Feb. Like us <3

busyboysmum Thu 22-Dec-16 23:12:17

I got bored. Watched a couple of seasons but its quite annoying and lacks humour I think.

gamerchick Thu 22-Dec-16 23:14:11

Try z nation if you're after humour. It was meant to be a piss take of the WD but the producers were surprised that it caught on so carried it on.

busyboysmum Thu 22-Dec-16 23:16:05

I'm not after slapstick. I just like things that find a bit of light in the midst of the relentless grimness. I find wd unrelentingly grim.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Thu 22-Dec-16 23:20:57

First 2 series are okay. Then there's some really atrocious series of absolute dull as fuvk telly, then flurries of good interspersed with absolute shite. Latest series has followed a very similar pattern. We waited almost a fortnight before watching the mid-season finale. Any other show we make sure we watch the day the episode is released to avoid spoilers but neither DH or I care enough about TWD anymore. Curse my fixation with seeing a series through to the bitter end!

gamerchick Thu 22-Dec-16 23:36:14

I actually did a RL eye roll grin hope you both find what you're looking for... somewhere.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Sat 24-Dec-16 00:51:43

Was that to me? grin I know. I watch some real trash TV so I don't know why I can't just let TWD do its thing. I think it's because it takes itself so seriously.

This latest series has had its highlights, definitely. But we had to live through the prison years to get here grin

busyboysmum Sat 24-Dec-16 22:12:00

Eyes rolled at me too I think. I just got bored with it. I love lots of tv like Fargo, True Blood, Westworld, Stranger Things, Life in Pieces, Goliath...... I think like Ginger says TWD does just take itself way too seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now