Talk

Advanced search

CBeebies nutcracker

(8 Posts)
Paffle Sun 18-Dec-16 11:37:21

Was it just me or was it unutterably dull? Usually I quite enjoy the CBeebies Christmas whatnot but this year so soooo dull. And unbearably worthy and smug. And the songs weren't even catchy.

Mind you, DCs (4&6) sat still and watched it through quietly so they obvs liked it. And in fairness, they're probably more the target audience.

Anyone else see it?

Paffle Sun 18-Dec-16 11:43:26

Although Mr Bloom looked quite tasty with his new haircut. The fake freckles detracted somewhat.

Avoca76 Wed 28-Dec-16 21:24:07

Just searched for this as I thought someone might think the same as me and was surprised to see no replies. I was disappointed in this year'a production. We have loved the last few years and have watched them over and over again during the year. I felt that this year had no real story and my daughter hasn't asked to watch it again.

BurnTheBlackSuit Wed 28-Dec-16 21:29:06

I thought it was better than the last couple of years (not as good as Aladdin though).

It had a good story with a moral and flowed nicely.

And Mr Bloom looked good.

CoperCabana Wed 28-Dec-16 21:38:28

My kids were transfixed. But I hated it. Just thought it was weak and we aree really not big fans of Mr Bloom. Loved Christmas Carol from a few years back. In another league. #overinvested

Housewife2010 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:34:03

I was disappointed. Peter Pan was great - we were lucky to have tickets for PP too.

Jamhandprints Wed 28-Dec-16 22:43:12

I've still got the songs from Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan stuck in my head. The nutcracker seemed a bit half hearted and rushed. I liked how ugly and unisex Cat's pjs were. What was that about? But 5 and 2 year old DS's watched it and 5yo asked to watch it again. :-)

MiaowTheCat Thu 29-Dec-16 16:18:13

Was disappointing compared to previous years - Alice wasn't awesome but Peter Pan was fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now