Talk

Advanced search

In Plain Sight

(23 Posts)
Glastonbury Wed 07-Dec-16 22:42:27

I thought this was good tonight. I had no idea Martin Compston was Scottish. He had a London accent in Line of Duty.

Awful for the poor girl not to be believed.

theliverpoolone Wed 07-Dec-16 22:57:55

The court scene where she had to be cross examined by him was horrific. And having to actually tap him on the shoulder in the identity parade; thankfully things like that have moved on.

Haudyerwheesht Wed 07-Dec-16 23:00:18

Yes I thought it was good but so chilling. Agreed about the identity parade and the court - horrific.

I will never understand families who protect their own in the way his dad (and mum?) did. Never.

Cocolepew Thu 08-Dec-16 09:24:37

I really enjoyed it, the court scene was awful though. Did it say it was based on a true story?

Haudyerwheesht Thu 08-Dec-16 09:49:07

Yep it's a true story and only gets worse

LineyReborn Thu 08-Dec-16 10:17:34

I thought it was excellent. I'll be be watching ep 2.

Glastonbury Thu 08-Dec-16 10:59:53

I watched a documentary on Peter Manuel on YouTube he was definitely a psychopath.

PrivatePike Thu 08-Dec-16 17:20:49

Halfway through this, and I don't think I can quite bear to watch the court scene sad
It is very good though

CoolCarrie Thu 08-Dec-16 21:54:18

Martin Compston was in Sweet Sixteen, his first role, directed by Ken Loach, which was excellent. As he was in Line of Duty, which I loved, brilliant nail biting tv. He is a very good actor.

PrivatePike Thu 08-Dec-16 22:24:43

Also in The Disappearance of Alice Creed - he had his Scottish accent in that too

NoahVale Fri 09-Dec-16 20:27:37

it was ok, not so gripping.

Roussette Sat 10-Dec-16 18:02:13

Just placemarking on here, wondered if there was a thread.

I enjoyed it. Poor woman, the father believing his son has done no wrong and spitting in her face at the bus stop.

SweetestThing Sat 10-Dec-16 22:42:00

Martin Compston was in The Ice Cream Girls as well. I think he spoke with his natural Scottish accent in that too. I think he's a great actor. Loved him in Line of Duty.

GladysKravitz Tue 13-Dec-16 21:08:10

grrr I wanted to watch this, assuming it would be on catch up/itv hub (virgin) but it's not. How stupid of itv!

Davros Tue 13-Dec-16 21:34:05

Yes, why wasn't it on catch up? We had to buy episode 1 on Apple TV. I'll make sure to record the rest

Glastonbury Wed 14-Dec-16 06:50:55

It's on Itv player on my tv I have just checked.

MrsJackRackam Wed 14-Dec-16 07:11:11

You need the STV player for catch-up in Scotland^^ as ITV hub won't show a lot of ITV1 programs but if you go to settings in the hub and change your postcode to one outside Scotland all the other programs will appear.

deloresclaiborne Thu 15-Dec-16 16:14:36

why was the man whose wife, daughter and sister in law in prison, i felt like i missed bits of the story last night

Cocolepew Thu 15-Dec-16 16:31:24

He was arrested for their murders, he was arrested after two eyewitnesses said they saw him driving that night. And I'm sure the police were pushed for a result from higher up.

Roussette Fri 16-Dec-16 13:57:20

Yes... and the Chief Constable in charge I think was sacked after? I think he was pushing through an arrest, any arrest.

I thought it was good, looking forward to the conclusion next week.

Cocolepew Fri 16-Dec-16 14:42:37

The cheif constable was obviously asked to "retire".
Wasn't policing so much harder in those days? The man hours used travelling from one place to another to communicate with people.

CrossfireHurricane Fri 16-Dec-16 14:45:36

Unfortunately you can't record this and have subtitles- so I can't watch/hear it.
Come on Sky-sort your shit out!!
It looked brilliant

Roussette Fri 16-Dec-16 16:15:17

Policing was just hard sheer graft wasn't it.

What gets me is how his Dad is covering for him when deep down he knows what his son is capable of

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now