Talk

Advanced search

I have a question about Cold Feet

(10 Posts)
onedayimightforget Mon 21-Nov-16 22:00:42

I watched the new series and thought it was very well done but something occurred to me today - how did they get the same sets all these years later? Pete and Jenny's house was the same and I'm pretty sure Karen's was too - although the layout was slightly different so maybe that was a different set. But had Pete and Jenny's house just been sitting Emory for all this time? Or if it is an actual house, has someone been living there and did the production company pay well above the odds for them to move out?

Meandyouandyouandme Mon 21-Nov-16 22:04:19

Pete and Jenny's, and Karen's house are about three houses apart on the same street. Whether they use the insides or they are sets I don't know. They are very nice houses and I saw them filming Karen coming out of her house.

WidowTwonky Tue 22-Nov-16 01:00:57

I think Karen's house was different. I remember Robin commenting to David about how Karen screwed him over in the divorce and how it allowed her to buy her house.

Gwenhwyfar Thu 24-Nov-16 20:24:38

Widow, I'm pretty sure Karen's house was meant to be the same one as in the earlier series.
I don't think what they use as 'outside' is very relevant. They usually have the indoor set in a studio, don't they? Brookside's the only programme I know of where I think they filmed the inside in the actual houses.

onedayimightforget Thu 24-Nov-16 21:10:56

I just read my OP - empty, not Emory!

So, if they were sets, did they completely recreate them? I don't imagine they've just been sitting there unused for the past 10+ years (can't actually be bothered to google what year it originally ended).

smartiecake Thu 24-Nov-16 21:14:03

I think they are filmed inside the real houses, I listened to an interview with them before the new series started and they were talking about going back in the houses and the people who lived in them.

Gwenhwyfar Sun 27-Nov-16 13:29:15

"I listened to an interview with them before the new series started and they were talking about going back in the houses and the people who lived in them."

That might have been for the outdoor scenes.

Daisiesandgerberas Sun 27-Nov-16 21:51:59

Karen's recent house had the same sort of kitchen style & decor as before but the layout is completely different to these recent episodes.

Pete & Jenny's was a blast from the past - exactly how we left it all those years ago.

From what I heard years ago, the insides were filmed in genuine properties.

Gwenhwyfar Sun 27-Nov-16 23:23:23

Wikepdia mentions the inside sets being sent to landfill in 2012, but doesn't say where the 2016 series interiors were filmed.

onedayimightforget Mon 28-Nov-16 19:36:31

Yeah, Karen's house does look different but I assumed it was meant to be the same house which has had some cosmetic changes.

Pete and Jenny's house does look exactly the same which is what made me wonder what had happened to the set/house in the 12+ years between series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now