Talk

Advanced search

60 days in prison

(16 Posts)
Howlongtillbedtime Thu 10-Nov-16 22:58:43

How scary is this ?

The trail for next week looks terrifying. The teacher was particularly annoying .

RooDaisy Thu 10-Nov-16 23:09:19

I can't wait to see what happens.
It looks like one of the guys gets into trouble and someone else gets attacked.

They must be mad.

Howlongtillbedtime Fri 11-Nov-16 06:33:08

Sorry , I posted and then buggered off .

It just looks so bonkers , like big brother times 1000 . The teacher really annoyed me so I was pleased that it looks like he gets into real trouble with the police . He thought it was going to be so easy .

I wouldn't want to be in there for anything .

MozzchopsThirty Fri 11-Nov-16 16:49:37

I watched it on Fox
It was very interesting
That teacher is a waste of space

Howlongtillbedtime Fri 11-Nov-16 17:13:26

Does that mean you have seen the whole thing ?

I can see how the prison service would think it was a good idea to get the truth about a place but wouldn't it be easier to send a guard to another state to pretend to be a prisoner ? At least they wouldn't be as naive as this lot .

It is the first programme in ages that has genuinely had me gobsmacked all day .

MozzchopsThirty Fri 11-Nov-16 17:58:46

Yes I saw it all and there's another series coming

I guess it's more realistic throwing in a bunch of randoms
It was cleverly done

The guy zach is very good

Howlongtillbedtime Fri 11-Nov-16 22:01:10

I am really looking forward to the rest of it .

Which one was Zach ? I just heard that his partner does the 2nd series . Now that is brave !

olympicfan Fri 11-Nov-16 22:04:02

It struck me that the prison officers have very little interaction with the prisoners. It seemed like the prisoners were put together in a room and the officers were outside waiting for it all to kick off.

These 'randoms' have been thrown into a lion's den.

My dad was a prison officer in a Young Offender's Institution or a DC in his day. He loved the interaction and the banter with the prisoners. He felt the officers, and the prison education service, could make a real difference to these young people's lives.

My brother was a prison governor at Wandsworth... he could not wait to get out of the prison service.

MozzchopsThirty Fri 11-Nov-16 22:12:37

From watching it I think their prisons are quite a different set up

Zach is the ex military guy, he comes out of it very well
Yes his wife does series 2 apparently

Howlongtillbedtime Fri 11-Nov-16 22:21:02

olympic they must have some amazing stories.

Thanks mozz I know who you mean , he seemed capable so that's pleasing .

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 12-Nov-16 22:03:10

Only just managed to find time to watch this. I can't see really what the volunteers get out of it to risk their personal safety like that. Unless they are getting paid. I think the teacher will really struggle and I think the police officer might as well. They didn't say what to do about her police tattoo either! Scary stuff.

RedMapleLeaf Fri 25-Nov-16 09:19:43

This just seems to be getting silly now. They just keep repeating content that we've already seen! The music and commentary suggest that we're building up to something... next episode.

juneau Sat 26-Nov-16 14:52:18

That guy Robert is an utter knob. I'm quite hoping he DOES get beaten up - he certainly deserves it. He's just being provocative and utterly clueless. WTF was all that stuff about child molesters this week? And keep going on about it being like a country club? He's a 24 carat idiot.

As for the women's section - it seems more boring than threatening. And why put three of them in there, when there are so few female inmates?

The men's bits scare the shit out of me. All those men caged up together, overcrowded and bored - it's a recipe for disaster.

RedMapleLeaf Sat 26-Nov-16 18:15:01

WTF was all that stuff about child molesters this week?

I know! I started to think he must be a plant and all the prisoners in on it.

ClashCityRocker Sat 26-Nov-16 18:20:45

I watched it, I must admit I was shocked about the conditions in us prisons - I thought it would be two to a cell etc rather than bed down on the floor.

Zac is doing well, as is Tami, that must have taken some balls to face up to the person who took her shoes. The teacher is scary naive though. One poor bloke has already been battered for keeping an eye on him, and he just carries on with the smart arse comments.

Breward Mon 19-Dec-16 19:32:47

Has anyone been watching this? The first couple of episodes terrified me. I think, like the inmates, I am becoming institutionalised and I am no longer shocked by what I am seeing.

The bloke in solitary is such an arrogant **. I hope the security guard does ok, I am dreading him getting hurt.

It is certainly insightful of the US prison system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now