Has nobody watched Ripper Street Series 5?

(8 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Sat 05-Nov-16 08:01:26

DH and I watched the last two last night. Wow, what a thoroughly depressing last episode! confused

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 05-Nov-16 12:22:45

Yes, I watched it.

I agree. Not sure how else it could have ended though. Nobody was going to have a Happy Ever After in that place (except maybe Reid's daughter? Wonder why he never managed to visit her.)

Must admit I binge watched the first few series that the BBC made, but my interest wandered with the last couple of Amazon produced series. I guess it was because they were trying to wrap the series up.

diddl Tue 08-Nov-16 21:40:08

It did seem unnecessarily sad though.

Capt Jackson dying-what was the point?

When Matilda said that he wouldn't visit-was she forbidding him, or just knew that his work would take over?

Hope his life wasn't really so sad.

ijustwannadance Tue 08-Nov-16 21:44:15

Was expecting someone to die at the end of the episode. Just not him. sad Seemed pointless.

TheHiphopopotamus Thu 10-Nov-16 20:46:05

Capt Jackson dying-what was the point

I agree. He could have a happy ending raising his daughter in America. Thinking about it again, I'm not sure the last two series were necessary. Susan surviving her first hanging like she did was a tad absurd.

diddl Thu 10-Nov-16 22:31:00

I wished that Susan had been hanged the first time.

Almost felt sorry for her this timehmm

Reid killed the man who had imprisoned Matilda, didn't he, so maybe that's why he didn't get a happy ending?

Wasn't Jackson wanted in America?

TheHiphopopotamus Thu 10-Nov-16 22:43:19

Just realised Jackson had a son not a daughter blush

Was Jackson wanted in America for something to do with Susan's dad? And didn't they all have a hand in killing him in the end? I can't remember the details tbh.

Found the ending a bit confusing too. Some of it felt like he was dreaming and it seemed like it was interspersed with flashbacks. Very odd.

diddl Fri 11-Nov-16 08:46:49

"Was Jackson wanted in America for something to do with Susan's dad? "

Can't remember tbh.

But didn't a Pinkerton detective come looking for him in one Ep?

So I was surprised that they went back there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now