Talk

Advanced search

Any Crazy Ex-Girlfriends (Netflix) Fans Out There?

(11 Posts)
Moanranger Thu 03-Nov-16 17:07:31

I discovered this a month or two ago -love it! The premise is an over-achieving but v insecure, Harvard -educated ball busting lawyer decides one day she is unhappy with her six figure New York job and will only find happiness by moving to West Covina, California & taking up with a former teen flame, who sells skateboards (or something) for a living.
Each episode is interspersed with wacky musical theatre routines - great script, cast, & acting.
So to start the ball rolling, fans, what's your favourite musical routine from Series 1? ( The only one I've seen -I am pacing myself). Mine is:
(I JUST GAVE YOU) A UTI - sung by the incomparable Santino Fontana.

Embley Thu 03-Nov-16 17:11:30

I love it! The yoga song is my favourite

Moanranger Thu 03-Nov-16 17:29:47

I actually grew up near West Covina, so I know how "meh" it is. That's part of the joke.

Embley Fri 04-Nov-16 08:54:34

No way! How funny.

Andylion Fri 04-Nov-16 15:30:17

My favourite.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkfSDSfxE4o

LouisvilleLlama Fri 04-Nov-16 15:58:47

Gotta say I watched the first episode I wasn't that impressed sad

dovesong Fri 04-Nov-16 16:03:50

Love it! Watching the first ep of the second series literally right now. Can't remember specific songs in the first series as I watched it a while ago but it's a really clever funny programme that's about so much more than it seems on the surface.

thejerkstorecalled Fri 04-Nov-16 21:39:59

I love it too! It's the best show I've seen in ages. I like the 'put yourself first but in a sexy way' song and agree the guy who plays Greg is amazing in it - I love 'settle for me' with the fred&ginger routine too.

Moanranger Fri 04-Nov-16 22:56:31

Just finished watching Episode 2 of second series, the one where she attempts to play ping pong.
In Episode 1, there was a very good song set in the desert, about surviving emotionally on tiny bits of affection.
I have not had a relationship like that in years, but I have had in the past. So I can defo relate.
I think nice but dim Josh realises that he is just a character in the romantic fantasy Rebecca has created -Valencia did this, too- and he doesn't like it much.
My partner watched with me tonight & enjoyed it - I thought the musical numbers might turn him off.

FaithAscending Fri 04-Nov-16 22:57:56

When we're together, I feel so grand! My heart goes tippity tap tap when I hold your hand

Massive fan. Watched it twice through and can't wait for the next episodes! I may have the soundtrack(s) too. DD wants to listen to it all but at 3, obviously no! She loves 'I have friends' though! smile

Moanranger Sat 05-Nov-16 18:05:47

Andy thanks for the you tube link. The song I was referring to is called "Love Kernels" Last night was Greg'Drinking Song.
I will be surfing that web site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now