Too old to watch Gossip girl?

(7 Posts)
Itrytoohard Fri 28-Oct-16 15:45:36

DD, 16, and DS1s girlfriend, 18, have recently started to re-watch Gossip Girl. Both girls have already watched all 6 seasons serval times and last year when DD was watching it I just made a hmm face and thought it was crap.

This time however, they've watched it a few times on the living room telly whilst I've been there and I've found myself really enjoying it and we've made it into our new little thing to do together now.

Was talking to DS1s girlfriend about it and when she left the room DS2 and his girlfriend started taking the piss out of me, saying it's crap and I'm way to old to watch it.

I'm 38...

Am I too old to watch Gossip girl? Any other older than teens who are/have watched it?

Donthateprocreate Fri 28-Oct-16 15:49:36

I watched it last year with my 2 DDs, 13 and 15 at the time, and I was 39!

Definitely not too old and if you like something you like it, right?

Me and DD16 are into watch Disneys The Lodge ATM, now that is something I am probably about 25 years too old for! grin

Omgkitties Fri 28-Oct-16 15:53:37

I've watched gossips girl a hundred times and I plan to watch it a million more.

You are not too old.

Fizzingwhizbees Fri 28-Oct-16 16:17:34

I recently discovered that my DF is a big fan of it! He'd started watching late night repeats just because it was on. So no, you're never too old grin

problembottom Fri 28-Oct-16 16:28:36

You're definitely not too old. DP recently asked me when I would be too old to watch Towie/Made in Chelsea/Real Housewives. I think he had hoped once I hit 30 I'd stop watching crap reality TV. I told him my mum was still watching Real Housewives at 75 and he looked a bit deflated. grin

WillyWolly Fri 28-Oct-16 17:34:07

saying it's crap

That's a matter of opinion, if it was in fact "crap" it wouldn't have had 6 seasons. It's not for eveyone admittedly but nothing, despite how raved about, is for eveyone is it!

Am I too old to watch Gossip girl?

No, not at all, there isn't an age limit and the younger age it's aimed at (13) imo is way way too young.

You say you're watching it with DS1s girlfriend and it's you're new thing to do together and DS2s girlfriend was taking the piss saying it's rubbish, perhaps she's jealous and wants to be in on the thing or at least have a thing with you.

Me and my DDs love GG!!

CrepeDeChineWag Sat 29-Oct-16 09:46:33

Never too old! I first watched it in my early 40s. LOVED it and wish I could erase it from memory and watch it all over again.

X O X O grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now