Talk

Advanced search

department Q BBC4

(16 Posts)
NoahVale Sat 15-Oct-16 22:51:36

anyone see this, or planning to?
very good

Hairylurker Sun 30-Oct-16 17:49:53

Yes brilliant. Only one loophole in the entire plot. There are tewo other films, apparently, but I can't finsd out when BBC4 are going to put them out, if ever.

NoahVale Sun 30-Oct-16 20:56:34

let's hope they do hairy

HelloMist Mon 17-Apr-17 23:52:36

Wanted to ressurect this thread as I've just discovered this on iPlayer. BBC 4 are about to show the third and newest film/programme in the series (on Saturday) and the others are already available.

I haven't watched other Scandinavian crime dramas - perhaps I should! But I thought these were excellent. Very dark, gripping but interesting characters and doses of humour. It's based on a series of books, so others are being made.

NormaSmuff Sun 23-Apr-17 08:16:57

Caught the final one by chance last night. Excellent. Hopefully they are not really consecutive so will catch the second one another day! Very gripping.

HelloMist Sun 23-Apr-17 22:57:25

Hi Norma! Each crime story seems to be separate so apart from a few references and character development of the police duo, I think they should be standalone. You've just reminded me as I'd forgotten it was on last night! Might get a chance to watch tomorrow.

itsmine Mon 24-Apr-17 11:45:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Yoksha Mon 24-Apr-17 11:46:25

Hi allgrin......just wanted to add that all 3 stand alone episodes were absolutely brilliant. Dh & I really enjoyed them.

HelloMist Mon 24-Apr-17 15:26:40

I looked up the books and I think there are 4 more! Not sure if the 7th will be the last or not.

Carl reminds me slightly of Dexter (think in moody looks) but DH couldn't see it so it may be just me. I couldn't persuade him to watch with me but he is missing out! Thanks for the warning, itsmine.

disastrouslee Mon 24-Apr-17 15:31:46

I've listened to 3 or 4 on audiobook and I really like them. I have recorded the tv shows, plan to watch the first tonight. Glad to hear it's as good as the books.

KikiDeliversCakes Mon 24-Apr-17 16:01:04

I didn't watch them the first time round, but have just caught up with all three. Great stuff and so well acted I thought. According to imdb, they have only made 3 Dept Q films so far.

Looking forward to this Saturday's BBC4 Norwegian offering.

itsmine Mon 24-Apr-17 16:58:52

KikiDeliversCakes Mon 24-Apr-17 17:11:36

itsmine imdb told me that smouldering Carl was also in the first The Killing series, but that was a while ago and I can't remember what his character was, sorry.

I did recently spot Assad however in Rogue One briefly smile

itsmine Mon 24-Apr-17 17:32:21

TheWashingFairyatemyhamster Mon 24-Apr-17 18:34:22

I think Carl was in the final series of The Killing as Sarah Lund's former partner and ex-boyfriend.

MaynJune Mon 24-Apr-17 19:02:28

Carl was the head of Energreen(?) in the first series of Follow the Money. I didn't recognise him at first but it's definitely him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now