Talk

Advanced search

Season Four of The Wire is heartbreaking isnt it?

(9 Posts)
EachandEveryone Thu 13-Oct-16 20:40:25

Im not going to lie, its taken me along time to get into The Wire and im enjoying it much more now Sky have added subtitles to their box sets. Ive watched fge first five episodes of season four today and its hearbreaking and probably all true. Those kids dont stand a chance do they?

Clayhead Thu 13-Oct-16 20:46:22

I agree. It's years since I watched it but I still feel raw about it. Of all five series it's the one that affected me the most.

stitchglitched Thu 13-Oct-16 20:52:33

Yes it is. I absolutely love The Wire, in fact I'm currently rewatching it all from the beginning but I did find parts of season 4 difficult to watch. Dukie breaks my heart.

EachandEveryone Thu 13-Oct-16 21:50:20

Yes I think it's one of those shows that could be better the second time

DontTellTheBride Thu 13-Oct-16 21:58:02

Ahhhh, season four really stayed with me. Makes me feel emotional even just thinking about it, years later!

EnthusiasmDisturbed Thu 13-Oct-16 22:14:57

it's excellent it's really really moving. Poor poor Dukie makes me feel emotional too

The Wire is the best series ever and series 4 is the most moving and my favourite

Think it's time to watch it again. Will be the third time it's such a complex series and the characters are so well written you can empathise with those you never thought you would

TheNorthRemembers Thu 13-Oct-16 22:29:06

I cannot watch season 4 again. I have built my hopes up the first time watching it that this crop of boys may get out, and the reality was crushing. There was just no way out sad

It reminded me of when Stringer made the boys kill Wallace, their own friend. D'Angelo shouting "Where is Wallace?!!!" in prison totally stayed with me. So sad.

TheNorthRemembers Thu 13-Oct-16 22:29:45

I meant Wallace in season 1.

EachandEveryone Thu 20-Oct-16 14:40:40

I'm just about to watch the last episode of season four now. Really brings it home doesn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now