Talk

Advanced search

Julie Walters.

(8 Posts)
reddotmum Mon 10-Oct-16 11:40:15

Gosh! I hadn't realised how great Julie Walters is! I'm watching National Treasure. She's a great Actress. I'm so impressed by her. How did I not see this before. When I think of her I think of Mama Mia confused

TheNaze73 Mon 10-Oct-16 11:42:25

She is fantastic.

It's over 30 years old now but, if you get a chance, you should watch "Educating Rita"

Her & Michael Caine are outstanding in it. smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 10-Oct-16 11:45:39

She's wonderful but I don't like her at all in National Treasure, her accent is so distracting and unnecessary.

ImperialBlether Mon 10-Oct-16 11:45:57

But don't you find her accent keeps changing in National Treasure? She's a real Irish mammy one minute then the next her face is much younger and her accent's gone!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 10-Oct-16 11:50:38

I thought she was meant to be Scottish!

reddotmum Mon 10-Oct-16 12:03:08

I thought she was Irish but had taken in some of his Scottish accent. They are similar.

Davros Mon 10-Oct-16 15:59:26

Love her in Prick Up Your Ears, one of my favourite films

MargotLovedTom Mon 10-Oct-16 16:04:02

I thought she's meant to be Scottish as well! Although in the flashbacks when she's being played by the ex-EastEnder (Natalie I think her name was), I don't think the accent is the same.
Her portrayal of the conflict she feels about her daughter is excellent. I think she's one of our best actresses - fabulous in comedy with Victoria Wood and also a skilled dramatic actor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now