Talk

Advanced search

Anyone catch Motherland on BBC iPlayer (by Sharon 'Catastrophe' Horgan)?

(11 Posts)
Millionprammiles Tue 04-Oct-16 15:52:43

Was v funny and more than the usual bag of 'mummy' clichés. Hope its made into a series...

RooDaisy Tue 04-Oct-16 17:13:20

I've just watched catastrophe on catch up and oh my god, it's so fucking funny. I hope they make another series.

Sorry to hijack your thread smile

Millionprammiles Tue 04-Oct-16 17:24:21

Its a great series - SH is comedy gold.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Oct-16 17:25:56

I loved Catastrophe but Motherland was dire.

HaveYouSeenMyHat Tue 04-Oct-16 17:27:45

I loved Motherland. Thought it was fab. Hope they make a series.

TheNorthRemembers Tue 04-Oct-16 19:29:56

I loved Motherland, especially the actress who used to play Philomena Cunk.

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 04-Oct-16 20:18:01

I thought it was hilarious-hoping for a series!

exhaustedhome Tue 04-Oct-16 20:42:59

Yep - thought it was brilliant. The opening scene of speeding down the road, the stress pouring out her of her. I identified with her immediately.

GeekyWombat Tue 04-Oct-16 21:39:41

I didn't enjoy Motherland much bar one line that I thought was very incisive: "I want my children to be raised the way I was. By my mother."

Didn't the guys behind Father Ted / The IT Crowd have something to do with it too?

JenLindleyShitMom Tue 04-Oct-16 21:41:05

Yes! I loved it. Was gutted to see it wasn't a series!

Millionprammiles Wed 05-Oct-16 10:34:58

It'd be a shame if it doesn't get made into a series but the BBC has form at binning stuff it deems 'women's interest only' and not sufficiently marketable when its just very funny, well written and well acted.

So whilst no one expects only men to be interested in priests (Father Ted) or IT geeks (IT Crowd), only women could possibly find Motherland funny (and even then if they profess an interest in parenting).

Pulling was outstandingly funny but never made it beyond series 2. Which reminds me to try to find it online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now