Talk

Advanced search

Luke Cage on Netflix

(29 Posts)
GeekyWombat Sun 02-Oct-16 20:29:46

Hot on the heels of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, Luke Cage is out now on Netflix.

Anyone watching? I'm on episode two and so far prefer it to DD season two...

Ifitquackslikeaduck Mon 03-Oct-16 09:34:05

I'm watching but not liking it that much yet. Will try episode 3 and see if it improves.

GeekyWombat Mon 03-Oct-16 10:31:35

I've watched four. It's definitely a slower burn than any of the other series so far but we're sticking with it.

I think Daredevil season one is the strongest thing they've made so far. Wilson Fisk was such an incredible villain.

DesertIslandPenguin Mon 03-Oct-16 21:02:20

I'm watching, too, and twitching every time someone says 'nigger'. On the plus side, Luke Cage doesn't like being called that either.

Really pleased to read that Luke's ever-present dark hoodie is a reference to Trayvon Martin's shooting. I did wonder why there was only a fleeting glimpse of him in yellow.

As an aside, my friend was a production assistant on the show (& JJ/DD too)!

user1472582572 Sat 08-Oct-16 00:23:36

How did your friend get the job? How did she get into that career? I really liked the acting of the guy who played Cottonmouth.

PoppyPicklesPenguin Sat 08-Oct-16 00:38:07

I'm banned from watching E3 without DP...

We agreed we would watch them all together, I'm loving it!

DD-S2 I found a bit dull tbh, until it was close to the end, so want to talk about it but obviously not wanting to give any spoilers smile

DesertIslandPenguin Sat 08-Oct-16 17:45:04

Finished it last night. I'd have written the ending differently but I suppose it gives them a beginning for s2.

user1472582572 It's a dude, actually. He was a film student who also cosplayed at the big conventions and had his own podcast. When he graduated he worked for a few TV stations and then got a job on JJ. It's all gone from there. Super proud of him as he's grafted away for years.

user1472582572 Sun 09-Oct-16 12:25:11

DesertIslandPenguin Thanks, I'm interested in that area career-wise, but it seems so hard to even snag a job like a runner or entry-level.

Also, I loved Misty Knight! They should give her her own show.

Samcro Sun 09-Oct-16 12:26:44

i have just started watching it.
am likeing it and Juice from SOA is in it (bous)

SlinkyVagabond Sun 09-Oct-16 12:30:48

I'm on ep 2(so no spoilers), found it a little slow till the scene in the restaurant. Loving the references to blaxploitation films. Cottonmouth is a great villain. And Luke himself...as my dd says-He Is A Very Handsome Man.

Samcro Sun 09-Oct-16 12:54:45

yes please no spoilers. I have only watched one episode.
ds has told me its worth watching(he was right about the outsiders)
think I will like it

SunsetBeetch Sun 09-Oct-16 13:27:07

I've watched two episodes and I really like it already. Like Luke and his friends at the barber shop, like the music, the atmosphere, the villains,the detective. Good stuff, might watch some more today, I feel like some Netflix and vegging out

cdtaylornats Sun 09-Oct-16 22:43:55

Misty Knight and her partner Colleen Wing would be an excellent show. Their partnership even has the ideal title "Daughters of the Dragon"

PoppyPicklesPenguin Mon 10-Oct-16 16:43:07

Now seen E4

It really kicked up a notch!! I'm rather addicted

SunsetBeetch Mon 10-Oct-16 19:16:09

I'm up to episode 9 now. Oo-err, quite a few surprises so far. Forgot to say, I liked it when one of the bad guys, back in episode two or three, said he was going back to Hells Kitchen, where it was 'safer'.

DesertIslandPenguin Tue 11-Oct-16 19:16:18

Colleen Wing was in the teaser for Iron Fist. There's certainly much more chance for another female-led series on Netflix, fingers crossed.

iklboo Tue 11-Oct-16 19:26:48

Misty Knight is going to be in The Defenders

iklboo Tue 11-Oct-16 21:53:19

There is a cracking line in ep11. No spoilers but it will resonate with anyone who watched late 70s-mid 80s tv grin

I also think I am very wrong to have lustful thought about Shades blush

user1472582572 Wed 12-Oct-16 06:42:13

I thought I was the only one! "What you talking about, Willis?"

TheJunctionBaby Thu 20-Oct-16 09:16:31

We love it. DDo season 2 got so boring that we stopped watching it. The musical performances by Raphael saddiq, faith Evans and Jidenna have been fantastic, the actor who plays cottonmouth is great and Luke cage is HOT!

sunsetbeetch that villain who said he's going back to hells kitchen where it's safer is the guy who DD always hits up (literally!) For info. He was the one selling guns in series 1 iirc

gaggiagirl Thu 20-Oct-16 09:21:32

I've finished it.
Loved the different singers in the club each episode.
Love shades, Luke, Misty. Mariah is excellent too.
Luke is a very visually appealing human blush

fessmess Thu 20-Oct-16 09:26:51

I think this is really boring and lame in places. I loved Jessica Jones though grin

iklboo Thu 20-Oct-16 11:02:50

I'm really hoping they'll release the soundtrack properly.

DesertIslandPenguin Thu 20-Oct-16 15:45:25

fessmess I didn't like it as much as Jessica Jones or Dare Devil, but it was still pretty good in the end.

MoonriseKingdom Fri 21-Oct-16 05:37:11

Watched the first few episodes and quite enjoyed it so far. I preferred Jessica Jones. However, I think this was mainly because of David Tennant's character who dominated the whole series, even before he appeared on screen. I wonder if a future series without him would be as good.

I like the actor who plays cottonmouth. He had a small recurring role in House of Cards. Good to see him with a main part.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now