Talk

Advanced search

Damned

(9 Posts)
Optimist1 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:38:29

Anyone else watch this tonight? I thought it was very good, in the same way that Jo Brand's earlier series Getting On was - a gritty portrayal of life in the caring professions laced with humour.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 27-Sep-16 23:27:21

yh pretty good

Optimist1 Tue 27-Sep-16 23:43:38

For a while I thought I was the only one who'd watched it tonight! smile

furlinedsheepskinjacket Wed 28-Sep-16 00:04:12

i liked it.lots of famous faces.

i'll keep watching. smile

drigon Wed 28-Sep-16 14:02:07

Loved Getting On and her more recent series with the same character. This was very much in the same vein and I did enjoy it.

Optimist1 Wed 28-Sep-16 19:24:40

Much as I enjoyed Getting On, I was disappointed with the next series, but think this new one is very promising. Alan Davies is exactly the sort of person I can imagine being a social worker!

winewolfhowls Thu 29-Sep-16 21:41:47

I liked it too, funny without trying too hard

Floralnomad Thu 29-Sep-16 21:46:51

We caught up with this today , I thought it was pretty good , dd thinks it may be too depressing for her tastes , but we will stick with it .

yorkshapudding Fri 30-Sep-16 17:47:46

I loved Getting On, wasn't sure about this though. I liked Alan Davies and Jo Brands characters but some of the others were a bit two dimensional. Will definitely persevere though as I think there was some promising stuff there. I'd like to see more interactions between the SW and families so I hope that happens as the series develops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now